Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Will I be a happy cruiser?

I have always travelled with RCI in the past and have travelled on the big ships leaving out of Florida. My husband and I are planning a winter cruise (first time in winter months) out of Charleston, SC on the Norwegian Majesty. Will we be happy on a smaller ship and with NCL? We know the amenities will not be the same, but this time we are looking for a relaxing trip instead of one filled with activities every minute and we may even consider skipping scheduled excursions. It seems on all of our past cruises we were always rushing to get ready to do something or go somewhere. Again, do you think we will enjoy the Majesty? The only reason we are considering this cruise is the fact that is leaves out of Charleston and we live in WV so it's much closer than Florida. Thanks for any answers I receive.
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Admiral

I think that as long as you have realistic expectations you should be fine. The Majesty is not one of NCL's newest or most ammenity packed ship, but if they price is right and you don't mind foregoing the extra perks of sailing on one of the newer ships (the speciality dining venues come to mind) and are willing to make those consessions for a getaway that is easy and convenient, go for it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Admiral

As Beenie weenie says, the Majesty is not the typical NCL ship but many people adorn her. Apparently the cabins are nice sized, she is in good condition for her age and serves a purpose. One of our favorite cruises was on an RCI ship about 10 years ago. it was due to be removed from the fleet a few months later, had tiny cabins and certainly no bells and whistles. We sailed her on a four day cruise, great price and nice passengers (for the most part) We knew what to expect, had a great cruise, would do it again in a heartbeat, but had we tried to compare her with many other cruises we had taken we would have been solely disappointed. Just realize why you are choosing the Majesty, expect to enjoy your get away and remember, there is rarely such a thing as a bad cruise.

Nita
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Captain

It has been 10 years since we sailed the Majesty but at the time we loved her.The cabin was a nice size and I remember it was the first ship we had ever sailed wih a frig in the room! The interiors were beautiful woods, no neon or glitz. She was built prior to Freestyle so dining was a little weird, but Freestyle was also pretty new at the time.

As others have said, if you decide it will be a good cruise, it will be.