CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Pearl shore excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/361419-pearl-shore-excursions.html)

can'twaittilthedate February 14th, 2009 07:34 PM

Pearl shore excursions

Anyone familiar with the catamaran snorkels on Roatan and/or Belize. We love to snorkel, but don't like to snorkel in large guided masses but went out on a limb (plank) and booked em anyway. Planning to just take a cab in cozumel for Chankanaab (Sp? :oops: ). Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thx.

zbaby10 February 23rd, 2009 02:20 PM

Chankanaab

We did the swim, push, pull swim. It was great . Afterwards you can buy a t-shirt in their LARGE gift shop of the dolphin you swam with (about $20-$24) and video and pictures. They have a big pool and swim up bar. several rest. to eat at. And they have the Mayan ruins you can explore for free.
You can also pay for Snuba. We heard the current was a bit strong but it was in November 2008 we went. Should be better in March.

Enjoy

can'twaittilthedate February 28th, 2009 08:54 AM

Thanks for the advice. I can't swim so considering the dolphin encounter.

nmnita February 28th, 2009 10:11 AM

Re: Pearl shore excursions

Quote:

Originally Posted by can'twaittilthedate
Anyone familiar with the catamaran snorkels on Roatan and/or Belize. We love to snorkel, but don't like to snorkel in large guided masses but went out on a limb (plank) and booked em anyway. Planning to just take a cab in cozumel for Chankanaab (Sp? :oops: ). Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thx.

We went to Chankanaab on our last cruise and absolutely loved it..I can't say enough about the park. The only thing we encountered was very rough waters that day. Even the experienced snorkelers did not stay out long...of course the further out they got the smoother the water was but it still was choppy. I only snorkeled for about 5 or 10 minutes as it really scared me. Oh, there are a couple of places to enter the water (more I am sure) we choose the one with very slippery steps..

Nita :wink:

AngelFish March 1st, 2009 02:25 PM

Belize and Roatan

I would snorkel in Roatan, we went on this independent tour and it was amazing Roatan Snorkeling, Fun Fishing and Beach Break excellent tour.

In Belize we loved X-stream Cave tubing but also have been on a great Lamanai tour with Belize Cruise Excursions

can'twaittilthedate March 1st, 2009 03:16 PM

Thank you all for the advice. I think we've got a plan together and it's a good thing as we depart for South Beach friday :D . We are doing snorkeling tours in both Belize and Roatan and doing the dolphin encounter in Chankanaab. I really want to go to Chankanaab and we were just going to take the taxi there, but with the Mexican unrest we are more comfortable sticking with a ship tour. We didn't go with the push, pull, swim as my DH is a big guy and he felt sorry for the dolphin and I was just plain chicken ship of the mighty dolphin so instead we are going on the kiddy tour where we get to pet the dolphin in waist deep water. LOL