Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Requesting a Fridge?

Has anyone ever done this for their stateroom? I am sailing on the Spirit next month and the staterooms do not have a fridge in them. I was reading a review on another site and the person got a fridge by calling ahead and requesting one in the room, no special reason either.

Just wondering?
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Admiral

I had a group doint the Spirit last nov/dec. one guy was a diabetic and needed a fridge. I requested it ahead of time, it wasn't in his cabin, but a quick call to the desk and one arrived. Request it prior to sailing, if it isn't there, call the desk or housekeeping.

Nita
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great, it's worth a try! Thank you!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old August 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
First Mate

Next cruise we are taking a medium size Coleman cooler I got at Walmart for like $15. The appropiratly named "excursion".

We plan to use it as a carry one and pack some misc. things in it. We have been taking along a collapsible cooler but it doenst have much insulation so it doesnt maintain ice very well and takes up space in the luggage.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Admiral

The cooler would be a good idea if it wasn't for all the costs in shipping luggage now. If one uses his/her allowed carry on for the cooler, then it cuts down on what is avail for taking something else on the plane. Today, US Air announced they are raising the cost of shipping bags from $15 to $20 for the first one and $30 for the second. I think I would forget the cooler unless I was driving to the port.

Nita
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
The cooler would be a good idea if it wasn't for all the costs in shipping luggage now. If one uses his/her allowed carry on for the cooler, then it cuts down on what is avail for taking something else on the plane. Today, US Air announced they are raising the cost of shipping bags from $15 to $20 for the first one and $30 for the second. I think I would forget the cooler unless I was driving to the port.

Nita
I believe you are allowed a carry-on item and a personal item. At least that was the case when I flew earlier this month. For me this will be my carry-on. I have seen some rediculously large purses and bags being brought on as "personal items". If the cooler fits the overhead and your personal item fits under the seat in front of you I dont see the problem.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell in MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita

Nita
I believe you are allowed a carry-on item and a personal item. At least that was the case when I flew earlier this month. For me this will be my carry-on. I have seen some rediculously large purses and bags being brought on as "personal items". If the cooler fits the overhead and your personal item fits under the seat in front of you I dont see the problem.

R
yes, that is right, but we like to use ours for extras so we can get by with only 1 suitcase. Everyone has his/her preferances.

Nita
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Familiar Face

Default Fridge

I am diabetic. I am sailing on Majesty Sept 13th from Philadelphia. I need a fridge to store medicine. I had to have my doctor write a note that I needed the fridge. My TA made the request to NCL.
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Familiar Face

When we entered our stateroom, NO fridge. Called front desk, they said none was available. I reminded them that it had been confirmed that a fridge would be provided. They sent a attendent who took my two drugs.

Several hours later, a fridge was delivered. But the only electric receptacle in the stateroom would required that the fridge sit on the bed!

Another hour later, an extension cord (about 15 feet long) was brought and hooked up. I called front desk, and my meds were delivered in a Zip-lock bag. Everything was OK from then on.

PapaBear
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

We requested a fridge about 3 months before our cruise (for medications). When we got to our stateroom - no fridge. We found the room stewart and he couldn't get one for us. We went to the Pursers desk and were told they would have one for us. The next morning we went back to the Pursers office and were told there were none left on the ship! We explained it was NECESSARY for medication. They then told us to bring the medication to the desk and they would store it for us. We took it up to them and they asked when we needed it. We told them when, and by gosh....there was a knock on our door with the cold medication just when we had requested it. All is well that ends well, but it was a frustrating experience for the first 20 hours on board the ship!
1979 NCL Skyward, 1981 NCL Starward, 1984 NCL Starward, 1989 Carnival Tropicale, 1989 NCL Starward, 1992 NCL Norway, 1993 Regency Regent Sea, 1995 NCL Windward, 1997 RCCL Legend, 1998 RCCL Legend, 2002 RCCL Grandeur, 2004 HAL Ryndam, 2004 RCCL Explorer, 2005 RCCL Splendour, 2005 RCCL Serenade, 2006 RCCL Vision, 2007 RCCL Freedom, 2008 RCCL Monarch, 2009 RCCL Mariner

Read and post cruise reviews