Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL Epic

All I can say is WOW... we just got a brochure sent to us about the Epic and it totally looks amazing. I am sure our first NCL cruise will be on this ship! The only thing I wish is that the Eastern Itinerary was different because it is basically the same as we had on Princess and Carnival.

Just checking the ship out, it looks like one would never need to leave the ship to have a wonderful vacation.

I am interested in the Studio inside cabins and am wondering if they are smaller then a regular inside cabin? Has anyone heard?
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:21 PM
First Mate

Fireba11..I also received the new Epip brochure. Yes she is some ship. The one bar that is really something i think is the ice bar.
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Captain

Default Re: NCL Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireba11
I am interested in the Studio inside cabins and am wondering if they are smaller then a regular inside cabin? Has anyone heard?
They are smaller buy about 25 SQF.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpine1
Fireba11..I also received the new Epip brochure. Yes she is some ship. The one bar that is really something i think is the ice bar.
Yea, an Ice bar, The adult area pool converts into a dance floor at night and 2 bowling alleys with a total of 6 lanes. I loved what I saw of the water slide and the rooms look awesome. Can you imagine....a shower that is not in the same room as the toilet!!!

The dinner theater looked real cool too. All in all if it is anything like the brochure makes it out to be this will be one awesome ship.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09

Old August 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Captain

they still have the video's online form the Epic annoucements that explains some of this space.

http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-latest/videos/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Please read our article about the F3 staterooms onboard Epic:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ins-042508.cfm

The studio rooms are slightly smaller and not any cheaper than a regular insdie cabin. The difference is that you get access to bug common area, which I predict will be quite fun.

These cabins are great for two singles traveling together, to siblings, for example. They have beds (two singles or one queen) and bathrooms, but no seating area.
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Norwegian Epic: "Ships Within a Ship"
by Paul Motter, CruiseMates Editor
April 7, 2009

F3 New Wave Staterooms - Studio Staterooms

The Studio staterooms represent a new concept for accommodations in modern cruise ships. The name and the design come from urban "studio apartments" that have just one room with all the basics. These staterooms, at just 100 sq. ft., contain a queen-size or two twin beds and separate bathroom facilities. The shower and toilet are each in separate compartments.

They have the same modern design as the other staterooms on the ships (see our article on F3 stateroom design), but also come with customizable color-changing lighting effects that mirror different stages of the day or the guest's mood, including a "love" setting for romantic nights at sea.

Studio Stateroom Studio Staterooms Common Living Room

All studio staterooms are centered on a two-deck-tall common area called "the Living Room," featuring a concierge, bar, room service, two large TV screens, and comfy seating for hanging out, reading a book or just enjoying a cocktail before dinner. Each "Studio" has a large, round picture window looking into the common corridor; keycard-controlled access to the living room is limited to the guests staying in one of the 128 studio staterooms.

These smaller studio cabins are priced the same as regular inside cabins, but are made for people who want to, or maybe need to, get out of the cabin more frequently. They will be perfect for cruisers who want to meet new people and socialize, or for people traveling in pairs where one person may occasionally need privacy, such as family members or single cruisers traveling together.

Old September 7th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Paul,

I agree, I believe, given the choice I would rather have a studio for my DW and me rather then a regular inside cabin! I think it will be a hit, especially during spring break!
Carnival Triumph Feb 09