Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Will they ever do Caribbean cruises?

The ships look beautiful. Does anyone know if they plan to start doing Caribbean cruises in the future? Thanks.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Fantasy

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Will they ever do Caribbean cruises?

Mike,

It looks like Oceana Cruises is following the style of Renaissance Cruises, with few days at sea , open seating in all dining room facilities ;-(, and no formal nights ;-| -- though I suspect that the lack of formal nights will make some prospective passengers very happy! OTOH, they seem to have avoided the Renaissance mistakes by offering itineraries of 12 to 16 days :-) and by workign with travel agents :-).

Oh the whole, the strategy of going where competitors are limited probably is a good one. This strategy will allow Oceana to fill gaps in the existing market, and thus to draw passengers who don't want to go back to destinations where they have gone before.

I also don't see any indicatioos of the company's plans for expansion past MV Regatta and MV Insignia as yet, though admittedly an announcement of such plans now would be premature. With P&O Princess Cruises Plc. taking over three of the former Renaissance "R" series of ships (MV R3 and MV R4 as MV Pacific Princess and MV Tahitian Princess of Princess Cruises, the former also operating for sister line P&O Cruises Australia on a split schedule, and MV R7 as MV Minerva II of sister line Swan Hellenic Cruises), only three of these ships -- MV R5, MV R6, and MV R8 remain potentially available for future growth. I think that the company also will need to procure larger vessels if it wants to pursue the highly competitive Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and Alaska markets.

Norm.

Norm.
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Passenger

They are working on the Caribbean brochure as we speak..I cant wait to seeit !!
Jan
cruzunlimited
Old April 18th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

They also are having a limited Smoking Policy, you can only smoke in One or Two places on the ship, and they are outside I belive. Which I think is a Great Policy.

Barry

Old August 24th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Candice

Barry,

I was on the inaugural cruise. If I remember correctly, there was a smoking section in the Horizons Lounge.

Since I'm not a smoker I don't pay attention to where it's allowed.

Candice
Old September 16th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Rich Wong

Norm - I don't want to tip Oceania's hand, but I ran into a Oceania executive wearing a Oceania windbreaker with "Regatta, Insignia, Nautica" emblazoned over the breast pocket. He invited me to join him aboard the Nautica's inaugural voyage in April '05 and I think we will!

Richard

Regatta Inaugural Season '03
Insignia Inaugural Voyage '04
Nautica Inaugural Voyage '05