Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Passenger

Default live chat

I missed the chat with Joe. Will it be posted somehow?

Thanks,

Phyl P.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Dr Wong

Default Re: live chat

Ditto - we were busy securing our home from Hurricane Isabel. I was in the middle of last night's chat with Mary Lou, asking the same question, when our power suddenly went out. She said there was a problem with the transcript, but that's all the information I was able to glean. Perhaps Paul and Anne can do something from their location aboard the Regatta!

Richard
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of the chat.

The server used to be set up to automatically log all chats, but somehow the feature got turned off so we missed it.

Old September 19th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Passenger

Thanks Paul and Richard. I have "heard" that robes might now be for everyone and refrigerators could be a possibility. I don't think I like what I heard about the change in smoking policy. But it isn't a severe change and I think if the smokers adhere to this, there shouldn't be too many problems. My husband likes to have a cigar now and then and is extremely careful where it is at the time he is enjoying one.

Thanks again,

Phyllis P.
Old September 20th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Claudia

The chat was great Paul- too bad we lost you guys for a bit.. oh technology!
There is now "interest" in what Joe said about the smoking policies on the ship- that cigars are now allowed. Could you please ask him what the NEW policy is and post?
Alot of people are very curious as this was not allowed on board before.
Thanks,
Claudia
Old September 21st, 2003, 07:41 PM
Dr Wong

Hi Mike - that's okay, we all make mistakes. Claudia and others have done a pretty good job of filling us in on the highlights.

It had always been my understanding that smoking indoors would be limited to cigarette smoking in the rear of the Horizons Lounge. The forward starboard side of the pool deck, however, would be open to all smokers, whether they preferred pipes, cigars, or cigarettes. I was relieved to see smokers congregating in the port aft section of the pool deck throughout our voyage - that was consistent with the arrangement in the Horizons Lounge and we knew to use the starboard doors when entering both locations.

On the other hand, we were disappointed to find out that our Category A cabins didn't come with complimentary robes, and that they were provided only to PH fare categories and above. We weren't told until the end of the cruise that robes could be purchased for $75.00. Had Oceania advertised that at the beginning of our trip, we could have used our cruise credit to purchase them and used them throughout the voyage, instead of blowing our credit on laundry tokens and bingo cards! :-)

Fridges would be a nice touch, but I didn't see how Oceania could have squeezed one into our cabin without removing a piece of furniture! We had a fridge in our Category B cabin aboard the Star Princess, but I think it was built into the cabinet beneath the television console. The Regatta's TV stand is triangular and wouldn't fit a square fridge beneath it. On the other hand, they might be able to fit it beneath the writing desk, or replace one of the nightstands in the cabin.

Richard