Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Beginner

Default Regatta dress and style

I'm looking at Oceania marketing brochure and thinking about a Mediterranean cruise. My concern is that the passengers and atmosphere illustrated looks overly "country club casual". This is in contrast to the liesure look and feeling on most other cruises I've taken. Is Oceania really like that?
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Andee

Default Re: Regatta dress and style

I'm not sure what you mean by "overly" country club casual. We don't belong to a country club, so I'm not really familiar with how p[eople dress there.

We were on an Oceania cruise in October. For dinner, my husband usually wore nice pants and a silk or rayon shirt. He brought a sports jacket, and wore it a couple of times, but wouldn't have felt out of place if he didn't have it. Very few men wore ties. I hope that helps.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Harry Roman

Please see 2/20 Mary Anne, 6/22 Penny and JHR 1/20 re dress.
We were aboard last two weeks and found daytime wear casual (no swimwear except on deck or around grill. ) Nights? No jeans or tee shirts. More sport coats with or without ties than I expected, but many sport shirts. My answer, check out the brochure- the pictures there are pretty accurate. Ladies? Not my speciality, but nice restaurant dresses or pant suits with some amount of sparkle up a notch or down a notch; in other words , anything goes; but a little cut above would be better. Since there was a range, we felt fine in whatever we wore and had a great cruise. Hope you do too,
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
marybethcl

One of the nicest things about Oceania (for myself and husband) is that there are no designated "formal nights." I contend that the ships create these just to sell photos of everyone in their formal attire--shades of proms gone by! On Oceania most people "dress up" a tad for dinner, but no coat and tie required at all. But also (to my delight!) no shorts or jeans in the main dining rooms.