Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Default Insignia, Istanbul to Rome, 6/17/2007

Hello, this is my first post on the board, I've been lurking in the past. This will be our 5th cruise (2 Celebrity, 1 Carnival and 1 HAL)

Looking for comments or feedback from the experts.

My partner and I and two close friends are on the Insignia sailing, June 17th 2007, Istanbul to Rome. We have Vista Suites 7004 & 7005 booked.

We are travelling to Istanbul one day early, staying at the Four Seasons, it looked like it was fairly well located for sight seeing.

My questions:

How early on the day of embarkation should we plan on arriving at the ship?

I'm in contact with Burak Sansal about guided tours for Istanbul and Ephesus, does anyone have any experience with him? He mentioned that if he wasn't available he would send one of his associates, will they be as good as he seems to be?

In Rhodes I am in contact with Nicholas at Rhodes City Taxi, has anyone worked with him? How comfortable is the taxi he uses? (4 adult males travelling, none of us are too out of shape, although one has very bad knees)

In Athens I am in contact with Petroeu Petros at Petros Tours, again any feedback is welcomed, looks like he uses a taxi as well.

In Rome we are thinking about avoiding the city, we have a 7:00 pm flight to Frankfurt where we are overnighting and then fly back to Oregon in the morning. I was thinking about renting a car and exploring the countryside between the port and the airport. We are doing this in Naples and Pisa as well. We have travelled quite a bit in Italy, France and Spain by car so we are used to driving in Europe.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2
Default Re: Insignia, Istanbul to Rome, 6/17/2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavault
My partner and I and two close friends are on the Insignia sailing, June 17th 2007, Istanbul to Rome. We have Vista Suites 7004 & 7005 booked.

My questions:

How early on the day of embarkation should we plan on arriving at the ship?

Thanks again.
I think concierge cabins and above can board around noon. It will be on your ticket package.
You can get your butler to make your reservation in the specialty dining rooms if you know what nights you would like to dine there.
The menus are the same every night .

Enjoy the cruise