Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Beginner

Default first time on Regatta questions

These questions may seem elementary, but after cruising Celebrity and RCCL, we are heading to the the Caribbean on Regatta for 10 days and have some easy questions for you all to help us on.

1) We have used a shipboard email account on Celebrity to check in at home. We are not interested in internet usage as such. Can we get just an email account on Regatta without going thru the internet?

2) We are interested in "alone" time. How difficult is it going to be for us to get tables for 2 in the restaurants? Is going to the restaurants for an earlier seating going to make it easier? When making res at the specialty restaurants, can we specify ONLY the table for 2?

3) Old threads mention "no problem" with bringing some wine on board from home and at ports. Is Regatta still allowing that?

4) We have switched to Oceania from Celebrity because we "ran out" of new Carribean itineraries on Celebrity. Can someone tell us why we will like Regatta as much as we enjoyed our Celebrity cruises.

5) I understand a lot of the night time entertainment is just bands for listening to. But do they throw in an occasional comedian or singer to shake things up a bit?

Thanks for anyone's help in preparing us for our new adventure. EandJ[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Captain

just got off regatta today so will try to answer your questions
I have no experience with Celebrity

1) you can have email delivered to your oceania at sea email addy but at $2. each. thery post as list of emsails recived on the plasma screen outside the computer lab

2)you will have no problem getting a table for 2 anywhere

3)no problem as long as you consume it in your cabin or pay corkage fee in the dining rooms

4)no comment...i do not know why you like Celebrity so hard to say

5)they have a singer, juggler and the entertainment team in the regatta lounge as well as the sdtring quartet near the grand staircase as well as afternoon tea.

Enjoy the cruise
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for your "up to date" reply to my questions. We sure look forward to the cruise! I also read that the Regatta is going to be refurbed by the summer. New fabrics, carpeting etc. Should be nice and fresh when we arrive.
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandj
Thanks so much for your "up to date" reply to my questions. We sure look forward to the cruise! I also read that the Regatta is going to be refurbed by the summer. New fabrics, carpeting etc. Should be nice and fresh when we arrive.
She still looks pretty good but will go in March after the TA crossing.