Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Beginner

Default Insignia 3 November 2009 (Need Advice / Recommendations)

Just booked the Mythical Medley cruise, which begins in Venice and ends at Civitavecchia (Rome). We're seeking advice on port-call activity, and feel that some of Oceania's excursions are over priced.
Port calls include Venice (my 4th visit), Dubrovnik, Kotor, Valletta, La Goulette, Barcelona, Marseille, Livorno (alternatives to Florence and Pisa), and Rome.

We're not against booking some ship tours (e.g., Aix / Souks @ La Goulette) but would prefer to set off on our own. Given the size of most of the ports, it appears that most can be covered by short taxi rides and walking.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Beginner

My wife and I also booked this cruise this week. Our experience has been that arranging private tours is by far the best and most economical way to tour ports. Historically, arrangements with 3-4 couples makes it perfect and fun........no waiting around. Making your own arrangements saves you 50% and you travel in smaller groups. No huge buses. Anyway.....I will start looking at private tours in the next month or so and if you would like to join us...let me know.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Familiar Face

I highly recommend Dubrovnik tour guide Denis Kurtyan because we had a wonderful walking tour with him and we enjoyed a lot.
This tour was tailor-made and we visited some local museums and city walls (beautiful views).We spent four hours and it worthed every single penny.
We booked him directly via email :denisdubrovnik@yahoo.com
and we booked him in a advance because he is very busy because he conduct tours from all major cruise lines and travel agencies.
Have a GREAT cruise !
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Beginner

Default "Mythical Medley", Nov 3rd, 2009

My husband and I have just been confirmed on the Mythical Medley cruise and would also like information on and alternative options to the ship's excursions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.