Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
For some crazy reason I was under the impression that a great part of the Obama care program were actually the ideas that the republican came up with back when Hilary was trying to get something going and they didn’t like her ideas but now are part of “Obama Care” yet the republicans don’t like their own ideas on whats being called “Obama Care”
Aerogirl,

As I mentioned in my post above!

Old August 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean View Post
Aerogirl,

As I mentioned in my post above!
Sorry Dean I didn't all the posts. I have a friend who was telling me something about it. Ill go back and read your post.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Captain

Wow! Just read through all these posts and some almost scare me. I also find it interesting that someone who is here only half the time has better insight to the situation of our politics than we do.

So much talk, so little action, promises and no details on how Romney would magically make everything better. Sad, when an average person comes up with the idea there is no good choice, you are voting for what you think is the lesser of the evils.

The lobbyists are a major issue, huge and people don't get who is really in control and where the money trail goes. I live in Wisconsin (formerly Illinois) and I think the Koch situation is serious.

Watching the news tonight about the Missouri dude, are you kidding me? It is scarey when you hear his point of view, frightening. Of course, I have family members who think certain behavior is learned, like going to school, NOT!!! Where do they live? Gee, Missouri!
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Watching the news tonight about the Missouri dude, are you kidding me? It is scarey when you hear his point of view, frightening. Of course, I have family members who think certain behavior is learned, like going to school, NOT!!! Where do they live? Gee, Missouri!
Of course these stupid people in Congress keep on getting re-elected.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
First Mate

Apparently, the American public LIKES mudslinging, or at least responds as desired to it. If it didn't, the campaigns wouldn't do it so much.

BTW, my memory may be failing me, but I can not remember a time when the leader of a country (even one philosophically opposed to ours) publicly stated that the American president was ignorant and incompetent. This year, the leader of one of our NATO allies so stated. Granted, at the time he felt that his country had been insulted, and he responded in anger; but it is in anger that people often say what they believe but have been too polite to say before. It made me wonder how many others felt the same way.
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Admiral

I've been to Europe several times since Obama took office and it is noticeable how much more he is liked by Europeans than Bush. Unsolicited feedback, I might add.
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Admiral

He is younger, better looking and has a better speaking voice than Bush.
With the exception of his policies, what's not to like?
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
Admiral

TM,

You're absolutely correct Tom, just as the overwhelming majority of those who voted for the bill themselves have also never read what's in it.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Wasn't it Nancy Pelosi (god, she scares me), who said "If you want to know what's in the bill (Obamacare) then just pass it." ? We as a whole, have become sheeple! We are willing to believe what those who tell us what we want to hear instead of being proactive and learning for ourselves. Sad.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
I've been to Europe several times since Obama took office and it is noticeable how much more he is liked by Europeans than Bush. Unsolicited feedback, I might add.
People in Europe regarded Bush as a war-monger and an idiot. They understood our fight against terrorists, but not our invasion of Iraq.

Now don't you all get upset. I am just saying what I encountered.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Familiar Face

Default War monger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
People in Europe regarded Bush as a war-monger and an idiot. They understood our fight against terrorists, but not our invasion of Iraq.

Now don't you all get upset. I am just saying what I encountered.

TM
Seems like President Obama is going to intervene if Assad moves, uses chemical or biological weapons against rebel forces. This sounds like deja vu except Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq which did not exist. Wow this is pretty interesting the redline for military intervention is movement or use of chemical or biological weapons. That is a pretty wide spectrum of triggers. What is going to be the source of this information fly over satellites or will it be the gihadist's rebels. In Iraq, the proof of Iraq's use of poison gas were the bodies of dead Kurds, but that proof was not used as the trigger for the Iraq war.

So President Obama is probably going to use the old-Bush aerial observation technique which brings to mind the question how do you differentiate between a mobile biological weapons trailer and a transportation trailer or a poison gas plant and a baby food plant. And if they can't get aerial evidence the CIA, NSA and FBI maybe able to supply the evidence. I can see Hilary Clinton going before the United Nations as Colin Powell did presenting irrefutable evidence of ????
But this is speculation, Mr. Obama may not even resort to getting a mandate for action from the United Nations as Bush did. I think he already knows he is going to face two big vetoes for military intervention from China and Russia. Of course, he can go back to the tried and true multilateral coalition force action. It worked in Libya. Get Italy and France to join in a coalition with our great allies Britian and Canada and some small Caribbean and never-heard-of-countries. That will work.

Don't worry if you have to drive to make a cruise, the country's oil reserves will be tapped and oil released. And EPA standards will be reduced so that more gas can be produced.

But then what happens if the Iranians decide to have a non-aggression pact with Syria. Like the Germans and Japanese had during World War 2? Does the military intervention extend to Iran? What's that line, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Don't worry be happy. Cruise on.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Me? I too never understood our invasion in Iraq since we didn'thave the troops right there (remember the stance of our "ally" Turkey?). I think we could have proven our point by turning Iraq back into around, say, the 19th century and done it all by air power. That's my perception at any rate.

There is no "half way" when it comes to actually going to war. You just obliterate your enemy.................and then not be so damned quick to spend billions and billions of dollars rebuilding something they're only going to use against you in ten years or less anyway.

People have the tendancy to get the message pretty quickly. That is what we (along with Israel) should do to Syria. Prime example. The people hate their leader anyway. Just help them out..............be a good neighbor so to speak. Same thing to North Korea. No boots on the ground. Just turn the place into no-man's land. Not the kindest thing to do but most effective.

Wy do you think our Air Force was second to none following WWII?

Sometimes the answers are far simpler than they appear to be.

It also has the tendancy to keep 'em building for about 20 years and then we can let the next generation deal with it when their time comes. Like it or not, we now live in a world not wherein people want us to change, they want us dead. Period! That being the case, make them dead first, right?

And just think of the employment explosion in the Defense industry. Plenty of jobs, too! At least for a pretty long while. It would do wonders for the housing industry too, not to mention jobs.

Remember the phrase, "Nice guys finish last!" Well, in this case we can at least finish 2nd or 3rd and still guarantee the safety of Israel and our other allies in the Middle East.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default War is Hell

I think Sherman said that war was hell and I believe after reading some books on different wars, he was right.
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
I think Sherman said that war was hell and I believe after reading some books on different wars, he was right.
I did not have to read a book. I saw it for myself.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Old August 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Admiral

I wrote a poem titled War Is Hell
Old August 30th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Should we not move on from blaming Bush? It's been 4 years now. At what point is enough.

Should we not move on from blaming Captain Schettino for the sinking of Concordia? It's been 7 months now. At what point is enough?
Old August 30th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Should we not move on from blaming Bush? It's been 4 years now. At what point is enough.
Heck, I still blame Johnson and Nixon for screwing up the outcome of the war in Vietnam. We are still paying for it. As a matter of fact I am getting a check every month for Agent Orange exposure health complications.

Bush screwd up when he passed a tax-cut and started a war at the same time.
He will be blamed for this for a looong time. Just as Carter is still being blamed for tha hostage situation.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13