Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default The Sequester responsible for slower customs & immigration?

How many people really think that

(1)the "sequester" is solely the fault of Republicans - because as I recall it was an agreement made between Congress and Obama, and if Obama didn't follow up to make sure it didn't happen with his promised spending cuts, then it is his own fault.

(2) even with the sequester - who is making decisions on WHAT gets cut? I am actually seeing sheeple saying the sequester is the reason why Customs & Border patrol has slowed down at cruise ships.

Has it occured to anyone that Congress does not run the Dept of Homeland Security, or the TSA? Those are federal agencies.

So - even if the Sequester means mandated cuts, the decision on what gets cut is made by the federal branch (Obama) - not the republicans in Congress.

BOTTOM LINE - Our President is a drama queen.

He chose to close the white house tours off to cub scouts, and he is the one making sure cruisers are inconvenienced, and he is doing it so the sheeple who believe everything the media says will think it is the fault of Congress that we are being inconvenienced.

I bring up the $50 million in new TSA uniforms that were delivered the same day the sequester took effect.

Do you not think they could manage in the same uniforms - or possibly even buy their own like the rest of us do, and that $50-million could be used to keep border agents on the job in cruise terminals?

How many vacations has Obama taken just since Christmas? I believe he is up to three or four now. Air Force One costs almost a $million per trip. Plus his security and entourage.

When Obama travels it requires hundreds of agents just to keep him safe. If the Sequester is so bad - why is Obama not cutting back on his own expenses??????

What is more important - US getting off of cruise ships, or Obama playing golf with Tiger Woods?

Why is he making us, the public suffer? Because its all politics. He is making it hard on you and blaming someone else. That really borders on anti-social, narcissistic behavior.

Gad, I feel sorry for the people who actually believe anyone, especially the prez, is running this country effectively. Janet Napolitano, really? Remember, she was our AZ governor before she went to DHS, and she was a total disaster here, too.

Obama could not have possibly picked a worse person for that job.
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Of course the goal of the White House is to set up the House Of Representatives for a 2014 democrat takeover by portraying all of this as the fault of the evil Republicans, when even as you say it was a deal struck a while back with Obama, Reid, and Boehner.

Anyone who thinks the sequester cuts that were instituted were a 'we had no choice' scenario is either stupid or a willing accomplice in the deceit. We all know the federal government could cut the billions covered by the sequester without anyone in the public noticing. And I know since I retired from a federal agency.

So we are left with the fact that all of this is being selectively done to do the most damage to congressional Republicans by inflicting the pain on the voting public.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:08 AM
Captain

Do you have any proof that they cut the amount of agents at cruise terminals?
I have yet to hear any specifics on that.

More likely people are just blaming problems on one side or the other when it likely has nothing to do with the sequester. Who believes Obama called up customs and told them to cut agents because there are more republican cruisers to piss off than democrats(no idea if this is true it's a joke of course)

It's a nice headline though lol.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Vice president Biden is in the same spending league with President Obama, $400,000 to visit with Pope Francis and a similar expense for his stop in France. Hey these boys are living it up on the taxpayer's dollar. And yes, Obama and his crew are setting up the Republicans for 2014. The obama administration will ignite their supporters from the presidential election and get them out to vote out any remaining Republicans in 2014.
I hope that anti-Obama voters in the individual states fight back as they have on the abortion issue and gay marriage issue and stop the Obama machine through local action.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

How quickly they forget that the Republicans had a compromise that was acceptable and then couldn't deliver the votes from within their own party?

The GOP is a mess and self-destructing. The Democrats don't have to do a thing.

go the conspiracy theorists.
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Meanwhile - Napolitano has come and said no border agents will be furloughed, she has reversed her original strategy of giving the American people pain and trying to blame on the republicans.

I guess their polling showed they couldn't fool all the people this time.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Only the GOP thinks it can fool all of the people all of the time, but we are onto them and have been for a while.