CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Open Debate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/open-debate/)
-   -   What will the lame duck president do at the end of his term? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/open-debate/400730-what-will-lame-duck-president-do-end-his-term.html)

bonnyprincecharlie January 23rd, 2014 06:20 AM

What will the lame duck president do at the end of his term?

I have thought about what Obama must be thinking as he ends his lameduck term. I speculate that since he has been frustrated by the Congress so he will go after the Senate seat but surprisingly he will not run to be senator from Illinois since he figures that his old chief of staff will Rob Emanuel will go after that plum. Obama will run and take the senatorship of Hawaii. To guarantee his winning of the leadership of the senate he his last act as president will be the establishment of a Senators retreat in Hawaii for all members of the Senate no matter what party. What do you think?

Manuel January 23rd, 2014 09:37 AM

I think that he should do the same thing as the previous President. Relax, stay out of the limelight and enjoy life.

TM

AR January 23rd, 2014 07:23 PM

1. Move back to Chicago.
2. Go on the speaker's circuit.
3. When the presidency of the University of Chicago comes open, grab it.

zydecocruiser January 24th, 2014 08:37 PM

Perhaps become an assistant to President Hillery.

bonnyprincecharlie January 25th, 2014 07:24 AM

I don't think that Hillary wants an assistant advisser she already has Bill, I think politically she would want him to run as her vice president candidate, this would be the smart political move and if its against the law for him to run as vice president, his last act in office would be to issue an executive order making it possible.

zydecocruiser January 25th, 2014 02:52 PM

At least we agree that Hillary will be the next POTUS. The republicans have no viable candidate and are crucifying their best option.

AR January 25th, 2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1493764)
Perhaps become an assistant to President Hillery.

I'm sure you're kidding about this, right? It has exactly zero chance of happening, although they'll probably talk informally from time to time.

zydecocruiser January 25th, 2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR (Post 1493807)
I'm sure you're kidding about this, right? It has exactly zero chance of happening, although they'll probably talk informally from time to time.

It is up to them, not you or me.

AR January 26th, 2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1493842)
It is up to them, not you or me.

Fine, if Obama becomes an assistant to Hillary, come to Washington and I'll buy you the most expensive dinner in town.

zydecocruiser January 26th, 2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR (Post 1493844)
Fine, if Obama becomes an assistant to Hillary, come to Washington and I'll buy you the most expensive dinner in town.

Okay but only if it coincides with a public execution. :p

AR January 27th, 2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1493897)
Okay but only if it coincides with a public execution. :p

If you count killing sensible legislation as public executions, we have those every week up on the Hill. Come anytime!