Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default Who cares about Syria?

When we have so many problems in the USA?

Sounds like just another excuse to screw up the rest of world worse than the USA. We don't need or want any more wars. We can't afford them in terms of lives or money.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Captain

Default We don't need Syria war or any other Mideast war.

I think that you have a good point. The Syria thing is stupid, but you know the president wants democracy in this country as he does in all of the Arab spring countries. He thinks democracy can work in cultures that don't accept it. But his advisors say if we topple the president of Syria though military aid or through military might then democracy will bloom. Just as it has in Iraq, Libya, Tunisia and Egypt. This is stupid and we should figure out a way of getting away from this type of thinking just as we did with Vietnam. Another
waste of money and manpower.

Syria reminds me of Afghanistan when the US said we will provide the gold and the Afghans can supply the blood and muscle against the Russians. One of the reasons the jihadists didn't like the Russians was that they gave women rights which was against the Islamic tradition. Women are second class citizens and will remain that way in this Islamic culture. It is something that will not change. The jihadists will continue to attack Christians, Jews and anybody who doesn't believe in their religion.

Yes we should straighten out the mess in the US before the country's leaders do it again.
Old February 19th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Surely you can't be serious. I think you must be talking about that idiot Bush.
Old February 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Captain

Bush isn't the one calling himself President now is he? Geez, Bush can't even get a break 6 years after he has left office.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Captain

Default Obama had his chance to get out of this mess 6 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
Bush isn't the one calling himself President now is he? Geez, Bush can't even get a break 6 years after he has left office.
Yes. Obama had the chance to change direction and get away from this Middle East war conondrum. Instead he has supported fruitless efforts like the war in Iraq and the Afghanistan war. I am confident he has supported his private little favorite the Arab spring uprisings in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt which has caused the shedding of more Arab blood and American treasure.

Mr. Obama is going to have to go down in history as a warrior president of the United States who couldn't win a war.
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Admiral

President Obama got us out of one of George Bush's wag the dog wars and continues to separate us from the rest.

No doubt the war mongering right wingers would love nothing more that for him to pull out overnight and abandon the policies set by the idiot Bush. Then they could rant about him being a chicken.

Thank God he is not attached to wing nut puppet strings and exhibits real leadership.