CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Other (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/)
-   -   Bermuda this just in...crime (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/387978-bermuda-just-crime.html)

buttons16 February 27th, 2012 05:26 PM

Bermuda this just in...crime

What I had thought was paradise from a few years back (about 6) is not no more...I have just seen articles and watched the Bermuda police claim that the crime on Bermuda is out of control...Shooting, muggings and gang violence...In fact Bermuda now has more crime per capita then any other country in the world.:mad:

Lakers Fan February 27th, 2012 07:10 PM

Bermuda

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1417853)
What I had thought was paradise from a few years back (about 6) is not no more...I have just seen articles and watched the Bermuda police claim that the crime on Bermuda is out of control...Shooting, muggings and gang violence...In fact Bermuda now has more crime per capita then any other country in the world.:mad:

I live in a town that has ZERO crimes of violence .We do not have a police force .

Having said that I would trade my house to live permanently in Bermuda if I did not have family here.

buttons16 February 29th, 2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1417881)
I live in a town that has ZERO crimes of violence .We do not have a police force .

Having said that I would trade my house to live permanently in Bermuda if I did not have family here.

Not sure why you would trade a place that you somehow found to be totaly crime free...probaly the only place on earth (other then the Artic and Anartic....) for a place that has crime and gang violence, that doesnt make sense? secondly you have to show an ample supply of in-come...to move to Bermuda...you can't just pack up and live their, they have requirements that you would have to meet.

Lakers Fan February 29th, 2012 11:14 AM

My response

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1418201)
Not sure why you would trade a place that you somehow found to be totaly crime free...probaly the only place on earth (other then the Artic and Anartic....) for a place that has crime and gang violence, that doesnt make sense? secondly you have to show an ample supply of in-come...to move to Bermuda...you can't just pack up and live their, they have requirements that you would have to meet.

1) I was trying to say that I don't believe the reports about the supposed crime in Bermuda.I know there are gangs but I have yet to hear of tourists being attacked .
When I was growing up in NYC there were gangs but they only went after other gangs .

2) The ONLY "crimes" in my town are shoplifting ,DUI's and an occasional burglary .

I have been living here nearly 10 years . There have been no murders ,rapes or other crimes of violence . We do not have a police force . Occasionally a County police vehicle may be in the area .To me its paradise but only from April to September . It can get rather cold here .
Bermuda has ideal weather.

buttons16 February 29th, 2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1418205)
1) I was trying to say that I don't believe the reports about the supposed crime in Bermuda.I know there are gangs but I have yet to hear of tourists being attacked .
When I was growing up in NYC there were gangs but they only went after other gangs .

2) The ONLY "crimes" in my town are shoplifting ,DUI's and an occasional burglary .

I have been living here nearly 10 years . There have been no murders ,rapes or other crimes of violence . We do not have a police force . Occasionally a County police vehicle may be in the area .To me its paradise but only from April to September . It can get rather cold here .
Bermuda has ideal weather.

You dont ever seem to believe anyone...
First you would'nt take the word of numerous veteran cruisers when they answered your question refering to ("A welcome aboard lunch") Not one person heard of this yet, after asking the question and getting the repeated same answers you still would'nt take anyones word...

Secondly, The Bermuda police make a you tube video of the rising gang violence and crimes against tourists...And your statement is "I don't believe the reports...it seems clearly that if everone told you the sky is blue you would not believe anyone....

I won't even mention how ridiculous your statement is about "Gangs only go after other gangs"

Lakers Fan February 29th, 2012 05:00 PM

Buttons and Bows

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1418241)
You dont ever seem to believe anyone...
First you would'nt take the word of numerous veteran cruisers when they answered your question refering to ("A welcome aboard lunch") Not one person heard of this yet, after asking the question and getting the repeated same answers you still would'nt take anyones word...

Secondly, The Bermuda police make a you tube video of the rising gang violence and crimes against tourists...And your statement is "I don't believe the reports...it seems clearly that if everone told you the sky is blue you would not believe anyone....

I won't even mention how ridiculous your statement is about "Gangs only go after other gangs"

If you had a friend that you've known 50 years and this friend told you that there was a Welcome Aboard luncheon on a cruise line that you never were on I would think you would believe your friend to be right.

Secondly ,when I grew up in NYC in the 40's and 50's there were gangs that ONLY fought other gangs .I could safely walk through their neighborhoods.

Finally,I was in Bermuda 6 months ago on a cruise .I was outside at 3AM and did not fear for my safety . During the time the ship was docked in Hamilton I went to St.George and other areas and did not feel threatened .

Phil&Liz February 29th, 2012 09:26 PM

Would like to watch the video report the OP speaks of. Is it either of the following?:
Bermuda Police Service 2011 End of Year Crime Statistics - Police Commissioner Michael DeSilva - YouTube

Crime Statistics Report 2010 Bermuda Police Jan 25th 2011 - YouTube