Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Beginner

Default balcony cabins

hello,
I am new at booking for a cruise. My husband, myself and daughter (4 years old) are planning on going on a cruise - p&o jewel for next year. I am trying to book a balcony cabin but find that all of them are booked out for 3 person cabins. Is it possible to book a twin balcony cabin and my daughter can share the bed with us? Would they allow this? do the beds have a queen mattress or are they two single beds with mattresses pushed together so it would make it impossible? I am really confused as I really want a balcony cabin. Any advice would be much appreciated, thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Passenger

Hi Karching,

My experience on cruises is that most cabins, including balcony cabins, are for two people, but there is often a sofa that can be made up into a bed for a third person. I have sailed P&O three times and this has been the case every time.

Beds are normally two single beds, but you can request them to be put together as a double - the size can vary, but mostly this makes a king size or larger. Sometimes you get a cover that disguises the joint between the two beds, but this is not always the case. It could be a bit uncomfortable for someone sleeping in the middle.

Paul
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think 'the size can vary...The beds are 3 foot singles. When pushed together they are called QUEEN SIZE.

I don't think a child or adult as a 3rd person is allowed in a cabin for 2 people...?
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Beginner

thanx for your advice everyone. I wanted a balcony cabin for 3 of us and was looking for 10 nights, unfortunately they have booked out. So i went ahead and booked a mini suite cabin for 3 people on a 7 night cruise instead. I figure that i could do less nights to get a balcony cabin and spend the extra few nights after touring a bit of queensland, thanx!!!