Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2000, 09:34 PM
SmithF

Default Crown to leave fleet in 2002

I just read on princess.com that the Crown Princess will be transferred to P&O's Aida Cruise Line in January of 2002. FYI

SmithF
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2000, 02:43 PM
Janman

Default RE: Crown to leave fleet in 2002

I wonder what they'll do with us now? We took advantage of their onboard booking program and booked Tahiti to Hawaii for Feb. 2002.
Old October 2nd, 2000, 02:06 AM
Admiral

Janman,

The press release on parent P&O's web site (http://www.p-and-o.com) indicated that the transfer will occur in the Spring of 2002. I expect that she will complete the cruises that are currently scheduled.

Norm.
Old October 4th, 2000, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you think the fact that Crown is leaving will impact the quality of service in the near term?
Old October 4th, 2000, 04:36 PM
Captain

We were on the Star Princess for its last season with Princess and the service was great. The fact that the ship was leaving the Princess lines did not affect anything that I could tell. The only thing that made me know something was up was the fact that people were on the ship measuring for the refitting for P&O. I had to ask the bartender what was up and he told me they were measuring to change the ship. They were in no way intrusive or interfered with any activities, so I assume the service will remain the same as always on the Crown. With the new ships being built for Princess I am sure many will stay working with the line and do not want to lose their jobs.