Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2000, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sarah Send a message via MSN to Sarah Send a message via Yahoo to Sarah
Default Valentines Grand Princess

Wondering if Princess does anything special for Valentines Day? We are travelling with our to children ages 15 & 5. That is not a school break week so I'm wondering if there will be other kids on board. My teenage daughter is hoping to meet some other kids her age. This is our first cruise and would love any feedback you could give me. It is so nice to see the civility on this message board as I can't believe the nastiness I've seen on others. Looks like good people visit this board! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2000, 12:17 PM
JMG

Default RE: Valentines Grand Princess

We were on the Dawn for Valentines week Feb, 2000. Valentines day happened to fall the second day of our cruise so I cannot say for sure if Valentines is always formal or not. In our case, we had:
Captain's "Love Boat National Holiday" Cocktail party
Honeymooners Cocktail party
Valintines Single Party
Valentines Poetry Contest
Hearts card game
Newlywed and not so newly wed games
Renewal of Marraige vows
Valentines Scavenger Hunt

MOst of these activities are found on any sailing.

They did have special menus printed for Valentines day and after the meal we were given a copy of the menu for a souvenir. The food choices were probably like any other Monday on a cruise.

They did sell t-shirts with a big heart on them and said that these shirts were only sold during the Valentines week. It was our first Princess cruise so I cannot say if that is true or not. Will find out in January when we take 2nd Princess cruise.
Old November 1st, 2000, 02:51 PM
Carole Dunham

You will find kids on any weekly Caribbean cruise, not as many as you would at school break, but they will be there. Grand Princess is an incredible ship. What a way to begin cruising, wonderful choice. Have a blast.

Carole
Old November 12th, 2000, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Sarah,

Princess always celebrates St. Valentine's Day as "Love Boat National Holiday" so you can count on a special celebration on that occasion, though the specifics might not always match up with the events in JMG's post. I suspect that a lot depends upon the actual passenger demographics aboard each vessel.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.