Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Rear Mini-Suite on Sea Princess to Hawaii

We're booked on D-751 rear mini suite on Sea Princess. Anyone been in that cabin or equivalent? We wanted Baja or Caribe decks where according to the deck plans the balconies seem to get more sun, and the cabins appear to be bigger. Can anyone share experiences in those cabins -- or on the cruise itself from Ensenada to Hawaii?
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2001, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Default RE: Rear Mini-Suite on Sea Princess to Hawaii

Carol,

A few years ago, I toured one of the aft minisuites and the adjacent full suite aboard sister ship MV Sun Princess while waiting to disembark, so I can tell you from personal observation that they are really gorgeous cabins. The rear decks are terraced in such a way that they all either do or don't get sun, so I would not be concerned about being on one deck rather than another. The aft minisuites have the same size and layout on all three decks.

I was really impressed with the layout of the aft minisuites. They have separate bedrooms and sitting rooms, and they are configured in such a way that both rooms have access to the head without passing through the other. This is an especially wonderful arrangement if you have so-called "upper berth" passengers (who, in the minisuites, actually get the sofa bed in the sitting room). Also, the decor of these cabins -- lots of real wood and marble -- is such that you really will be living in the manner to which most of us would like to become accustomed!

Do enjoy!

Norm.
Old January 10th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Default RE: Rear Mini-Suite on Sea Princess to Hawaii

Have had the Suite on Dolphin on the Dawn Princess before, which would be next to yours. Our friends had the mini next to ours and both cabins were beautiful. Sun did come in, but Dolphin is more protected.

You'll love this cabin!
Old January 13th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Rear Mini-Suite on Sea Princess to Hawaii

Hi Carol,
I can't speak for rear mini-suites on Princess but think the experience of a rear mini-suite is probably similar on most lines. I had a rear mini-suite on Celebrity's Century, and the experience was fantastic. No wind at all. The "roof" on the suite below us eliminated that feeling of a straight-down drop to the sea (which had given me the creeps until I experienced it). I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised.
Bon Voyage !