Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Katherine

Default Mexico?

Has anyone been to Mexico with Princess? I know we are getting ahead of ourselves (we are sailing 5/20 on the Grand to Carib.) but I just found out I have a surprise week off in September. We live in San Diego so it would be a perfect escape.

Are the seas rough? I am most worried about the motion sickness since I know we will have a great time otherwise.

Katherine
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Su & Tony

Default Re: Mexico?

We've been to the 'Mexican Riveria' has it is called many times. On Princess and Royal Cribbean. Princess' old ship the Fair Princess was fun, cheap, and small, but they pulled her out of service. Now with the newer ships, of course it's more expensive, but they are really nice. The ports leave alot to be desired, but Matzatlan is cleaning up and Purto Vallarta (sp) has gotten much better (or maybe I have those two ports backwards). The sears CAN be rough from LA to Cabo San Lucas, but all in all and barring any bad weather, it's a nice cruise.
Enjoy, Su...
Old April 29th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Vicki

I took the Sea Princess repositioning cruise from SF (down the coast of Mexico and through the Panama Canal) to Ft. Lauderdale in early October, 2000. I felt no motion anywhere on the ship for the entire cruise.
I also sailed on the RCI Rhapsody of the Seas Mexican Riviera Cruise in December, 1999. Again, no motion whatsoever.
Both ships are comparable in size and very stable.
I think you need not worry about motion sickness
Have a terrific cruise...Princess is wonderful!
Old April 29th, 2001, 10:36 PM
First Mate

We went on rcl (Rhapsody)last year to the Mexican Rivera cruise and enjoyed it, however other than Cabo the other ports were just soso. As far as I'm concerned you will enjoy yourself just being on the cruise and if you get a good deal...why not. we have done the same out of Boston...last minute deals are take the leftover cabins but who cares...Go and enjoy the relaxation.....By the way I'll see you 5/20 on the Grand...Hopefully you are joining our internet group at the Wheelhouse bar at 3:30 on 5/20. See the post below regarding the "Happy hour on the Grand" or email me for the details...Sharon at sharonbel@aol.com
Old April 30th, 2001, 08:37 PM
First Mate

You will be going to Mexico twice on the Grand. Us too. My wife and I are also sailing on the 20th with another couple, we can't wait.
Anyway Cozumel is great but avoid the tourist trap park,Chankanaab . I've been before and as an avid snorkeler it was very dissapointing. I doubt if the reef has grown back much in 10 years. There are many better places to see/go. Here is a good link: http://www.travelnotes.cc/
We are also stopping at Majahual, Mexico. It's a newly developed area and very little information is available. This best link I found is : http://www.puertocostamaya.com/#

FWIW, we have always ventured out away from the offered excursions and had a great time, but Majahual may be a little to scary (it's beach and jungle). We may take one of the Maya Ruins busses, or just hang on the beach.

Maybe we will see you there!
Enjoy,
Ed
Old May 4th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Admiral

Catherine,

I had no problem with rough seas while cruising the Mexican Riviera aboard MV Sun Princess in September of 1998.

Norm.
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Yeoman

Hi Katherine,

We sailed the Ocean Princess on May 11, 2001. Acapulco to Los Angeles with stops in Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. We had a great time. We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise and it's ports. When you go you HAVE to do the Las Caletas Hideaway tour! It is $59 per person and includes lunch and entertainment. It was great. We want to go back to Puerto Vallarta just to do it again! In Cabo we did the ocean kayaking adventure and had a blast! In Mazatlan we basically stayed on the ship, however, one of my coworkers went to the El Cid mega resort and said it was her favorite part of the entire cruise. We are both travel agents and try to give each other up-to-date information to pass on to our clients.The seas were fine and we can't wait to go back. I am sure that you will enjoy this cruise as much as any others you have been on.

Have you heard about the new "Star Princess" that will be doing Mexican Riviera cruises round trip from LA starting early next year? That will be an adventure for us cruise-a-holics in the southern California area!

Sincerely,
Linda