Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Default Back From Ocean Princess, 3-Cruise Repositioning -

Hi all,
We got back yesterday from our 22-day Ocean Princess, San Juan to Vancouver (Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera and Coastal) repositioning. The ship and crew are first rate and we had a wonderful time - even got a unexpected 'bonus' port - we stopped at Balboa, Panama after transiting the Canal and could go into Panama City. You will have to wait a while for the review (haven't even finished unpacking) there's so much to write after that many ports and length of time. If you have any questions now about the ship I will try to answer.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Back From Ocean Princess, 3-Cruise Repositioni

Hi Bill,
Welcome back, great to hear you enjoyed the 22 day cruise on Ocean, wow.
Looking forward to your review :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:32 PM
Roberta Dees

Hi Bill,

We are interested in doing a repositioning cruise. Could you please tell me the cost of yours if it isn't too personal. Also, did you have a room with a balcony.

I can't wait to read your review.

Thanks
Old May 24th, 2001, 12:39 AM
First Mate

We had a great deal. I booked the cruise last August expecting the price to come down (but not quite as much as it finally did after five fare reductions). For the 22 days we ended up paying $1584 per person with port charges, fees and taxes. I booked a specific Cat. I inside stateroom (A743) at the extreme aft on Aloha so we could literally go out our door, turn right and be out on the little-used aft outside Aloha deck - almost like having the largest balcony on the ship. It was perfect! We loved the cabin, and having such easy access to the outside (and the aft pool & hot tubs) makes a HUGE difference over inside rooms where you have to walk and/or take an elevator/stairs to go outside.
Old May 24th, 2001, 12:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Bill...
22 days sounds heavenly. I loved the Ocean Princess, when we sailed her last year.
Looking forward to your full report!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise.. here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 31st, 2001, 05:14 PM
Ricko

Ohmygosh! I thought I was the only one who knew about the "aft-inside" secret!! I have booked one of those 3 or 4 cabins twice to Alaska(Sea & Dawn)... perfect location, the aft balcony was never crowded, I could even slip out there in my slippers to stargaze!!
Sounds like a great trip... I've had my eye on it since we did the Sea P repo from Acapulco to LA 2 years ago... one could conceivably cruise from the Florida all the way to Seward Alaska on one trip(Palms to Pines, or visa-versa in the Fall)!! Living in LA, we figured we'd swap our hawaiian shirts for parkas when we docked in LA...