Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Cruisin' Chris

Default Mini-Suites on Crown/Regal

Hi -anybody out there ever sailed in a mini-suite on the Crown or Regal? How was it? Was the room nice? The Bath much improved over a balcony stateroom? I've been in a BA on the Regal but am just curious about the minisuite. We have booked one for the Hawaii trip in November.
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2001, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mini-Suites on Crown/Regal

Sailed Regal Princess 5/99 in A149 mini-suite. Very nice room. The bathroom has a tub with shower. A fair sized closet area. There is a couch with a chair. Only 1 television. Tables, lamps, coffee table. Two twin beds can be put together for a queen size. The balcony is nice sized with a small table and 2 chairs. My best recollection is that the balcony is about 4 ft wide by about 12 or 14 foot long. Very comfortable accommodations. Enjoy the Regal. She is a marvelous ship.
Old June 8th, 2001, 11:36 PM
cruiseryyc

We are booked on the Crown, Ensenada to Hawaii in January. Would very much appreciate reading your thoughts on the trip when you return.

Have a great trip.
Old June 10th, 2001, 12:21 AM
tigercat

My husband & I sailed on the Regal May 20th. to Alaska from Vancouver. We had A139. It was a really nice room. We had a balcony on the Rhapsody and on the Disney Wonder but this room beat all. There was a lot of storage, sections we didn't even get to. The bathroom has some room to it and lots of storage as well. The closet was very big. We couldn't believe how much room there was. It was also very conviently located for us. We really loved the room. The ship was really nice as well although we did miss not having the front of the ship open for viewing. The food was really great in the dining room. One of the other couples that we went with and myself ate every meal in the dining room except 2. My husband ate at the buffet for every breakfast and lunch. My parents ate breakfast in their room and lunch with us. The food was really good. We did find the service in breakfast and lunch would depend on who we had. If we had the waiters we had for supper (Marius and Laszlo) then service was great otherwise there were a few problems. Not a lot and not enough to be a problem. We really enjoyed every meal, so much so that we really didn't want to eat for a while afterwards. We found everyone was really good and friendly. Also the pizza parlour was really great. We did find though that the special seemed to be the best pizza they had. The smell coming out of there was to die for, and we ended up passing it everytime we went up a deck.
If there is anything else you'd like to know just let me know.
tigercat
cmthomas@iprimus.ca