Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Lucie

Default Grand Upgrade

Our TA called today to let us know that Princess has upgraded us from a catagory BA to a Penthouse Suite on the 6/24 sailing of the Grand. We are very excited, but quite can't believe it. We love Princess!
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2001, 04:43 PM
mcathy

Default Re: Grand Upgrade

Wow! That is wonderful, I hope you have a terrific trip. Don't forget to tell us all about it when you return.
Bon Voyage!
Cathy
Old June 19th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lucie,
Thats great news, be sure to post some pics when you get back. Hope I get as lucky as you on our Golden cruise :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 19th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lucie, that's great. My family is on the same cruise, wish we had your luck! Are you taking any kids?
Old June 19th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Lucie,

I don't know how your travel agent finagled that one, but you clearly do owe your travel agent "big time" when you return!

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Gosh, did you luck out. So far we are BA from BD, but I am open for a suite too! So glad to hear that you rated it! Send your TA a nice thank you for a job well done.Norm wrote:
>
> Lucie,
>
> I don't know how your travel agent finagled that one, but you
> clearly do owe your travel agent "big time" when you return!
>
> Have a great cruise!
>
> Norm.
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Lucie

We have a six year old daughter who will be onboard with us. She has already told us that this is HER vacation and she wants to spend all week in the Fun Zone. Have a great trip!
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Lucie

Norm:
Princess called our TA out of the blue with the upgrade offer. She was as stunned as we were. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'll definitely take it!
Old June 20th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Passenger

Lucie,

We were on the Grand last week and upgraded from a Cat BE to a Premium Suite. The suite was wonderful. You are going to love it. I don't think I'll ever have anything else now...hmmmmm...wonder if that is Princess's way of thinking too?
Old June 21st, 2001, 09:47 PM
Admiral

I booked a BA and am still at a BA but I have until November to sail. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Congrats!
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:55 AM
First Mate

How do you manage to get these great upgrades? Is it a matter of luck or does your TA have some pull with Princess? We have an AD category stateroom on the Grand at the end of July and I certainly wouldn't mind being upgraded to a suite. Any suggestions?
Old June 22nd, 2001, 07:36 AM
Lucie

Sheila:
I wish I could help you, but I have no idea how it happened. Our TA was shocked because she said she followed the same booking procedure for us that she does for everyone. She asked Princess why we were chosen and the representative said it was because we were Captain's Circle members and we booked early (14 months in advance). My parents have been on six Princess cruises and have never received an upgrade, yet I've been on one and was upgraded eight catagories. Whatever happened, we're grateful and very excited.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 06:39 PM
Lucie

Sheila:
Something I forgot to add...I did NOT book a guarantee. I chose an actual stateroom and instructed my TA not to accept an upgrade because I wanted a midship location. (I was under the impression that upgrades were mainly fore and aft staterooms that no one wanted because of the chance of increased pitching and rolling during rough seas.) Luckily, she didn't listen to me! She couldn't reach me so she accepted on my behalf since it was such a great deal and the suite was still in a location she knew I would like. Because of that decision, she is definitely getting a "thank you" gift! Good luck and have a fantastic vacation.
Old June 23rd, 2001, 01:14 AM
First Mate

Lucie,

Thanks for your response. I think it's great that you got such a great upgrade. We are new to Princess and booked our cruise only about 2 weeks ago, so less than 2 months before we sail. Maybe next time I'll book really early and maybe I'll be as lucky as you! Nevertheless, I am sure we will have a great time. Enjoy your cruise as well!
Old June 23rd, 2001, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Shelia,

I have no idea how the Upgrade Fairy decides who to smile on but I'm glad that she chose us! We DID NOT book very far in advance(only 4 months). We ARE NOT Captains Circle members(This was our 1st cruise with Princess). We DID book a Cat Gty(BE). Whatever the reason, we were upgraded ELEVEN Cat's! Our Suite was C749, on the very back of the ship, no movement, vibration or noise. Only the most incredible views that you could ever imagine.