Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2001, 04:13 AM
First Mate

Default Grand 7/29 Shore Excursions

Hello everyone, need your advice! We're trying to decide which shore excursion to do in Grand Cayman. My husband really wants to do the "Atlantis Submarine Ultimate Wall Dive" and I think that would be pretty cool, but I am also very interested in Stingray City and I don't think we will have enough time to do both. Cost is not issue (although the sub dive is way more expensive!) so we can choose either one provided they are still available. So many other posts have indicated that the Stingray City excursion is not to be missed, but I haven't seen any regarding the sub dive. Also, which Stingray City excursion is better -- the "New Waves Stingray Sandbar Catamaran Snorkeling", or the "New Waves Stingray Sandbar Snorkeling (Snorkel Boat)"? Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand 7/29 Shore Excursions

On our first Grand Cayman stop we did the Atlantis Sub dive and it was great. I wouldn't recommend it on any other island. We actually went down more than 100 feet. It is so weird seeing divers down there. Yes, you are right that to expect to do 2 tours is too much. Although if you do the early morning dive, you can still taxi to Seven Mile beach for some sunshine. Our 2nd. trip we choose the Sting Ray City tour, but I thought the New Waves on Princess was for the Scuba/Snorkel set. Check out the other tours and times. The Rays are hungrier in the early morning. Often a ship has to reposition off Grand Cayman due to tides and rough waters at sea. Don't schedule something that you won't get a refund on. Many people recommend the independent Sting Ray City tours with Captain Marvin or Captain Crosby. Look them up on line.
Bon Voyage
Old June 28th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Flora

Hi Shiela We are going on the Grand also, on 7/29!!! Cant wait! We are doing the stingray excursion on the snorkeling boat (because it is covered) Weve been on Celebrity and Carnival, but never Princess. Actually, I have to work tonite, on doing these shore excursions and mailing it in. Also, Im sorry we didnt get an earlier flight, we dont leave Newark till 11:45, and Im told they let you board early. We are very excited about going and I dont want to miss a minute!!!
Old June 30th, 2001, 01:01 AM
First Mate

Hi Flora, thanks for your reply. We're going on the Stingray City snorkeling boat also (it looked better than the catamaran one because it's covered and with the catamaran you're out in the sun the whole time). Maybe we'll meet you on the boat! Have a great cruise!