Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2001, 01:49 AM
Beerman

Default New Cruiseline

After 11 cruises on two different cruiselines I still felt unfulfilled. When the opportunity came to cruise on a different one I was thrilled at being able to draw a more exact comparison. However, I was soon disappointed.
I had cruised on NCL and Carnival but wasexpecting far superior service, dining and entertainment. What a 'dash'! I wished I were on Carnival or NCL again.
Firstly, the food was no different except their desserts were dry. The cabin schematics were incorrectly given making it very hard for me and my handicapped companion to maneuvor in the room. If not having known I was on Princess Cruises I would have thought it were either of my other favs. as the service and entertainment were mirrored almost to the busboy.
With all the chatter of the supremicy of Princess I was very let down, but alas, my top 2 favs. still get highest billing.
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: New Cruiseline

"...service and entertainment were mirrored almost to the busboy." What in the world does that mean?
Old September 26th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Which Princess ship were you on? If you were "let down" by the ship, why did you say "If not having known I was on Princess Cruises I would have thought it were either of my other favs." Very confusing complaint!
Old September 26th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Beerman is a very confused poster to begin with............
Old September 26th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Beerman.
Please read my posting "Grand Hardly Grand" on the board. I wonder what some people think is superior. There is no excuse for a dirty pool. There is no excuse for meat you need two sets of teeth to chew. There is no excuse for a rude and absent steward. I f one aspect of the service was lacking or even two factors then it is an off week. But not such an across the board poor performance. It is interesting that in the replies to my posting that some respondents make statements as if they have not thoroughly digested what I said. I think that if someone pays considerable money for a cruise they may feel foolish to say they did not spend their money towards an enjoyable time. I never said I had a terrible time and neither did you .We just said we were disappointed in the quality of what Princess had to offer especially in light of their reputation Carnival has really improved their product but I too wanted to try something new.Hope you can cruise again soon and have an even better experience
Old September 26th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Beerman

If you don't understand it Ernie, I don't think I need explain it to you. It would be a waste of time. You are obviously very Pro-Princess Cruiselines and any rebuttal would be futile.
Old September 26th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Beerman

Thanks LIZ.
I am not disappointed in anything Princess had to offer. Things went well, as expected. There was a trip up or two but nothing major. I was just disappointed in the reports I received from other appearantly ppc's (pro-princess cruiselines) of their superiority in all classes when, in reality they were equal or better. I claim no gripes against Princess but on the gripers.
Old September 26th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Beerman

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy.
My gripe is not against the cruiseline or the Sea Princess but against the gripers who forewarn of quality.
Old September 26th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Beerman

Before I receive a storm of ppc'ers gaffaws and other attempts at humour it should have said "... of their superiority in all classes when, in reality they were equal or lesser...".
Old September 26th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Beerman

Not confused, confusing.
But, as said before, the ones who take exception to my posts are usually the gripers.
Old September 27th, 2001, 12:26 AM
cruzdiva

And I just off Royal Princess, the second oldest ship in the Princess fleet. The food was very, very good. The shore excursions (especially in French Canada) were the best shore excursions I've ever been on. And the cruise was spectacular despite the attacks on New York and Washington. I think ships, even on the same cruiseline, differ radically. I won't flame you because you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I have sailed Carnival's Victory in Eastern Canada and while I had a ball and loved the ship, found Royal to be a much superior product.

Carole