Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2001, 08:22 PM
Passenger

Default sun princess & panama canal

Hi Gang,
we just booked the sun princess doing the panama canal, has anyone done this cruise recently? is the ship in good shape, was the food good and is there anything that is a do not miss? thanks in advance for the help.

sean
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: sun princess & panama canal

There is an excellent review of this ship posted earlier today on CruiseAddicts. Check it out.
Old November 14th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Shirley Barry

Hi Sean,

My husband and I did the Panama on the Sun Princess last February. The ship is a sister ship to the Dawn and Ocean. It is a bit older but it is in great shape. The food was also very good. Sometimes getting a lounge chair up on deck was difficult (especially if it was a day at sea). Try to get up on deck as early as possible. Travelling through the Panama is a great sight so don't miss that.
I would like to do the Panama again some day since I had a bad accident on the last one and spent 7 of the 10 days in a wheelchair. I was unable to walk at all. You should have a great time. We had no complaints about the ship at all.
The only thing we noticed was that there were a fair amount of elderly people on board (65plus) When you exit the gangplank when in port, make sure you look good as there are usually people at the bottom taking pictures.

Have fun
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Hi shirley,

thanks for the info on the cruise, we are very excited about taking this one and going through the canal.I'm glad to hear that the ship is still in good shape. we went on the grand last year and were a little dissappionted with the cruise. the food was not good at all, meals were cold and the desserts were tasteless and seemed like they were left over from the previous cruise. the ship was nice but i think it was to big for what we like. you don't get to feel like your part of the ship when the ship is that big.
sorry to hear about your accident on the cruise last year, i hope you got to enjoy it as much as you could being in a wheelchair for 7 days. better luck on your next one!!!!

thanks, sean
Old November 15th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Emmy

Sean,
When will you be sailing on the Sun Princess? We are booked on this cruise for April 15,2002 and cannot wait. This will be our first 10 day cruise and our 5th cruise.

Emmy
Old November 16th, 2001, 05:49 PM
Passenger

emmy,

we will be going on the jan 25th cruise, we can't wait either. this will be our first 10 day cruise as well. it will be our 5th cruise to. should be a great time i will try to let you know how it went when we get back.

sean
Old November 16th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Admiral

sean

We will also be on the 1-25-02 Panama cruise with 4 other couples. We have done the thru Panama from San Juan to Acalpuco and the roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale before. This will be our 9th on Princess and are not about to change cruiselines. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We have had all good times on Princess and are looking forward to this cruise. Maybe we can look each other up and hve a drink or something.
Old November 18th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Passenger

Ron,

sounds great, we are looking forward to the canal trip as we have never done it before. we have been on four cruises, one on princess and four on rcl. we went on the grand last year and did not think it was one of our favorite cruises. the ship was nice but the food was not very good and we did not feel like we were part of the cruise. maybe it was because the ship was so big and so much going on that you could not keep track of everything. as for the food, no one at our table or the tables near us thought that the food was good. a couple at our table has been on a lot of princess cruises and said the food is much better on the sun class ships.
we are traveling with one other couple, it would be great to meet up and have an adult beverage. talk to you soon

sean
Old November 20th, 2001, 10:25 PM
John & Di

Default Sun Princess & Panama Canal to S.F

Hi Everyone,
Just booked on the Sun Princess for April 25,2002 and getting off at S.F.
It seem that many of you are going on this trip in the next few months and I'm sure you'll have lots to say.

Anyway, I will keep you posted as long as we hear back from you upon your return..

John and Di

Victory 11/25/01
Sun Princess 4/25/02