Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2002, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Default PACIFIC PRINCESS TO BERMUDA (JULY) INFO NEEDED

We have booked a cruise aboard the PACIFIC PRINCESS to BERMUDA in July 2002 for our 25th Anniversary. This will be our second cruise. Our first was aboard the REGAL EMPRESS last year for our anniversary, where we had a verandah cabin. We seem to be attracted to the older ships, and wanted to experience the "Love Boat" before she leaves the fleet.

The cabin that we booked on the PACIFIC PRINCESS is a mini-suite on the promenade deck. We hope that we won't be disappointed. After having the experience of the private balcony on the REGAL EMPRESS, we wanted the same aboard the PACIFIC PRINCESS. Having learned there aren't any balconies at all, we thought the addition of having "butler" service in the mini-suite would be "fun". Now we learn that PRINCESS has cancelled their butler service on all their vessels. Now it seems that there aren't any "special amenities" with the booking of the mini-suite. Please correct us if we have been led to the wrong assumption.

After reading through the archived messages on this site, it seems that everyone who has sailed aboard the PACIFIC PRINCESS is enamoured with her...saying the service, entertainment, and food are more than terrific. I know we'll just enjoy being on the ship that made the T.V. series so popular...especially since we won't be able to do it again after this year.

So, in short, please share your memories of your PACIFIC PRINCESS BERMUDA cruise experiences with us. What were your favorite places on the ship...any particular nooks and crannies that we might overlook or miss altogether? If any of you have stayed in the mini-suite...how did you like it. Did you feel that the windows on to the promenade deck compromise your privacy and/or daylight?

We're a bit confused about the "meals" offered on the PACIFIC PRINCESS...we realize that there is a on-deck buffet for breakfast & lunch, along with dining in the restaurant. Our confusion lies in the area of the "midnight buffet"...does the PACIFIC PRINCESS have a midnight buffet. Also is the room service selection well-rounded and not simply continental breakfast or sandwiches?

We are very interested in seeing the MARITIME MUSEUM at the Royal Naval Dockyard. Is there an excursion which allows ample time to be spent at the museum, or is it just a momentary stop in a string of stops to take in many sights?

We'd also like to take advantage of some ballroom dance lessons we've been taking. How is the "couples" dancing aboard the ship?

That's enough questions for now...we're sure to have more in the future. Thanks in advance for all your recollections and advice. We are avidly looking forward to this trip!

Deb & Kerry
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: PACIFIC PRINCESS TO BERMUDA (JULY) INFO NEEDED

i have been to bermuda all is very beautiful. we went on the nordic empress w/rccl. where is your ship leaving from? we are looking to go back to bermuda but we don't want to go on the nordic empress again. i am sure you will enjoy your trip!!!! have fun and happy ann!!!
Old January 28th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Deb & Kerry,

I have sailed on the Pacific Princess two times, first time to Northern Europe in August 1999 and the second time to Bermuda in July 2000. I too have been on the Regal Empress and don't think you will be disappointed.

The Pacific Princess is a stately old gal and it is sure a shame that she is leaving the fleet this year.

While I was in a standard outside cabin both times I sailed on her, I did meet someone who had a mini-suite and invited us up for drinks. It was very nice, I don't think you will be disappointed. No one could look into the suite windows as they were darkened. Room service, etc will handle any needs/requests that a butler would have done.

I believe that the Pacific Princess has followed suit as that of other Princess ships and do not have the midnight buffet, but have food available all the time.
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Passenger

debbie,
cant give you any info on the ship, but we have spent our last 10 or 12 anniversaries in bermuda during the first week in july. dock yard can be reached a number of ways. mopeds--a really great way to see the island ( our choice ), regular taxi ( rather expensive--downtown to dockyard will run 25.00/30.00 each way ) , they have a very good bus system, or you can take a ferry from downtown straight to dockyard. ferry landing is about a block from the ship and stops across the street from dockyard. plenty of shops there plus the musuem and the fort. the fort is worth doing, especially the governors mansion. will gladly give any info i can --email strd34ford@aol.com
Old January 29th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Sandie

We sail on PP to Bermuda on May 19th. Do you have any photographs of the ship or ports. (sf1776@home.com)
Sandie
Old January 30th, 2002, 12:00 AM
First Mate

Dear Sandie,
While we haven't yet sailed on the PACIFIC PRINCESS (our cruise isn't until July 2002), I've done a lot of research on the internet and have found these pictures, which are far better than any in the brochures. Here are the urls to the sites:
http://users.bestweb.net/~travel1/nyvisit.htm
http://users.bestweb.net/~travel1/images/pacp01.jpg (This is a great picture!)
http://users.bestweb.net/~travel1/pacprin.htm
http://www.simplon.co.uk/PandOPrincessPCs.html
Hope this helps...we've really appreciated these photos that others have shared with us on the "net". Have a great cruise in May. Please share your experiences with us when you return.
Debbie & Kerry
Old January 30th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Sandie

Thanks so much Debbie! Some great photos of the Pacific Princess and other early P & O ships. Really looking forward to the cruise. Keep in touch.
Sandie