Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2002, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Default Anyone recently on E. Caribbean??

We are leaving in 5 days (can barely contain myself at this point) for the Eastern Caribbean. The weather forecast for St. Maarten and St. Thomas are typically Hi 82, Low 75, Partly cloudy. My wife is very into sunbathing on vacation. This might sound stupid, but out on the sea, with the wind blowing, will it be warm enough to lay out in the sun most of the day?

If anyone has recently returned from the Eastern Caribben, I would be interested in hearing how the temperature felt during the days and evenings. This will also help us to pack appropriately.

Thank you,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: Anyone recently on E. Caribbean??

Jim:
I did the Eastern Carib in early January. At that time, the wind wasn't bad at all. We actually were hot laying out on the deck.
Of course, it depends on the weather you get. On our last day, we had a front come through and it did become very windy and chilly....I didn't even venture outside that day. The evenings were quite pleasant for the most part. I would suggest taking a light jacket or sweater.
Congrats on your cruise....enjoy.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old February 19th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jim,
Like Mary Lou mentioned, it was quite warm, almost hot a few weeks ago while cruising, I did manage to catch a few rays myself, was not a problem. In fact the couple "sea" days we did have other than the last day, it was very difficult finding 2 lounge chairs together. There is always a breeze, sometimes stronger than others, but if the sun is out, its strong, so be sure to take a good sun screen. There are times, you really don't feel the sun because of the wind, but you ARE getting it, so enjoy. I usually start about a month before a cruise and visit a tanning salon once or twice a week, don't burn then, I will always do that.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 19th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Jollymon

I just returned from Ocean Princess yesterday. We circled the Caribbean, including St. Thomas. The weather was near 90 degrees in St. Thomas. It was hotter there than down in Venezuela.
It was in the mid 80's everday. Decks were very hot for laying in the sun all day. A gentle breeze was welcome! Evenings are windy on decks, and deck chairs are removed from upper decks after sail away from ports. When the sun goes down the wind picks up, as does the ship speed.
Bring a sweater and a swim suit.
Jollymon
Old February 21st, 2002, 10:16 AM
MamaTene

Just returned from the 2/9/02Eastern Carib sailing of Golden Princess. Coldest spot was in Lauderdale itself. Every other day was 80-85. Yes a little wind a couple of days and most evenings but it felt wonderful! A shawl for dress up nights for you wife would be ok and perhaps a very light weight windbreaker for each of you for evening strolls on the decks! I packed 2 lightweight long sleeve shirts and never wore them at all. You will be fine in dockers and light weight short sleeve shirts and your wife will feel comfortable in skorts, light weight pants, sun dresses etc