Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Default Brunch in Sabatini's

Has anyone had BRUNCH in Sabatini's on the Grand, the Golden, or the Star?

I heard it's good...with mimosas and bloody mary's included.

I know you should book the specialty restaurants asap after boarding, but how/where do you accomplish that?
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Brunch in Sabatini's

Hi Mermaid

I hope that you will be patient with my answer as I will be sailing the Golden in 2 weeks and plan on doing the brunch at Sabatini's. I have heard that the brunch is very good. We are going to give it a try because of all the positive feedback that I have heard.

I am planning on going directly to the purser's desk to find out when Sabatinis opens so I can make reservations. If they can do it there at the desk great, if not I'm at the door when it opens to make the reservations. We also plan on trying the full dinner meal. Have you checked out the menu for that? To me for $15 a head, for that much food, it's worth it. Hope this helps, I'll let you next month when I get back. Here is the link that gave me the menu. You'll have to scroll down almost to the bottom and look left for the blue link.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/nf10517.html

Judee
Old October 10th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Sandie

Hi Mermaid & Judee~
I was on the Grand Princess in January and did the dinner at Sabatini's. You will NOT go away hungry! I started to say "no" to dishes because I was that stuffed! I suggest making reservations as soon as you can, they were booked solid only a few days into the cruise. Not sure where to make the reservations though, because another woman in our group did that for us. It was a wonderful dinner.

Enjoy!!

Regards,

Sandie
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:09 AM
cruiseaddik

Default Re: Re: Brunch in Sabatini's

With many sailing on the Grand class ships.......and one coming in Feb. I say Sabatini's is fantastic. Princess has a new reservation system to book your meals. You should have a number in your cabin to call. Reserve ASAP! Enjoy...
PS: Don't forget the southwestern resturant! Casual atmosphere, great food.
(only $8.00 w/ maragrita included)
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Judee,

I am planning on going directly to the purser's desk to find out when Sabatinis opens so I can make reservations. If they can do it there at the desk great, if not I'm at the door when it opens to make the reservations.

Princess ships with "Personal Choice Dining" now have a "dining hot line" that passenters who elect (or get stuck with) the "Anytime Dining" option can call to make reservations for dinner. I believe that the "dining hot line" also takes reservations for the "sucker" restaurants, even for passengers with the "Traditional Dining" option.

Norm.
Old October 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM
First Mate

We just got back from our cruise aboard the Golden Princess. We had brunch at Sabatini's and loved it. We definitely got our money's worth in mimosas and wine. Plus I enjoy the leisurely pace of dining there.

We had dinner at Sabatini's last year. The food at dinner is good, but not that great a value (although I wouldn't classify it as a "sucker" restaurant). We had one dinner at the Desert Rose this cruise. Once again, considering that the $8 cover charge includes a drink, it's not that bad a value. The food was good, but not that much better than in the dining rooms. We ate there more because of timing (had to catch a hockey game in the sports bar) and because the menu that night (French) wasn't very appealing.
Old October 15th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Thanks everyone for the information!
Old October 19th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Jensun

Just got off the Golden today. When you first board, walk down to the promenade deck forward where Sabatini's is located. They had a desk set up there with sample menu's and were taking reservations for both dinner or the brunch. We had dinner there and loved it. Brunch is only available on sea days and we only had one so didn't get a chance to go back for brunch after enjoying the dinner.

Sandy