Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Passenger

Default Star Princess in July - Alaska

Any advice on "must see's" at Alaska ports (Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau)? We sail July 12th out of Seattle. This is our 2nd cruise but first with Princess. Looking forward to it. I'm a little apprehensive however because we are normally "warm-weather beach vactioners" so this should be different. Temps in Alaska are averaging around 65?? I doubt we'll be using the pool on the ship. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Charlotte.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:43 PM
janine

Default Re: Star Princess in July - Alaska

FABULOUS. You will not regret one part of this cruise. The scenery, the ports of call. Awesome

I did not care for the Star Princess, but that's my personal opinion. We sailed to Alaska on Vision of the Seas.

I just think the Star is too big but we were also unlucky enough to have Paul O'Laughlinan as cruise director on the Star. I know he is not with the ship now so maybe your experience will be better.

The best CD by far has to be Gordon Whatman with RCCl, Last I heard he wason the Radiance but I bet he's moved by now.

He made our vacation to Alaska perfect.