Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Camelia

Default Does anyone know what happened to the original Star Princess

We did a Mexican Riviera cruise on her about 11 years ago but I know it's not the same Star Princess that is doing cruises for Princess today. Where did mine go? I wonder what they're calling her now? Also..is it Oceanus that sunk a few years ago off the coast of AFrica? I sailed on her in the Mediterranean..it's kind of sad to think of her at the bottom of the sea.

Camelia
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Does anyone know what happened to the original Star Prin

It's sailing with P & O now, which used to be the owner of Princess Cruises, but was purchased by Carnival a few months ago. It's called the Arcadia. In the spring I heard that she had a terrible problem with rust allowing water to enter part of the hold, but she's back in service now.

Charlotte
Old August 12th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Does anyone know what happened to the original Star Prin

Charlotte, I think you are referring to the former Sky Princess (now known as the Pacific Sky) - will check with a website I know of and see if I can find any information on the original Star Princess.

I think the original poster was referring to the Britannis which sunk off the coast of South Africa a couple of years ago.

From what I can find, the former Star Princess is or was for awhile the Arcadia of P&O cruises...can't find any other information at this time.

Post Edited (08-12-03 01:36)