Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Default Non-converting Twins

I see according to the Princess Cruise personalizer that we were issued staterooms. At first we were just guaranteed AD category but didn't know the stateroom. On the Booking Summary is says that we are in Cabin E729, Bed Configuration: Non-converting Twins. Does anyone know if the beds are NOT able to be convertied into a queen? I really don't like the idea of sleeping separate from my husband for the week. You never know some romance may occur!

Thanks, Beth
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Jo-V

Default Re: Non-converting Twins

Had the same message on our cruise personalizer. Called Princess and all you need to do is have your travel agent call and request beds put together.
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Non-converting Twins

Wrote to our TA about the Non-converting twins and it's all fixed. She contacted Princess. Now the bed configuration is Queen... Beth
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:05 AM
McCall

Hm, wonder how you ended up with one of the most coveted cabins on the ship with a guarantee?
Well However it was, congratulations!
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Passenger

<<Hm, wonder how you ended up with one of the most coveted cabins on the ship with a guarantee?>>

So are you saying that we got a nice cabin? I'm new to the Princess Line so don't really know what's good and what's not.

Our TA keeps on saying that would could still get an upgrade. I don't know if I really want one. What would an upgrade from a mini-suite be anyway?

Beth
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:41 PM
BillF

For cabins that have 3 or 4 persons are booked, Princess will not make the queen comfiguration until you arrive. Apparently a bunk bed lowers from the ceiling between the 2 beds. If the 3rd person (or child) will be using the sofa then the twin beds can be put together as a queen.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:17 PM
CanYouHearMeNow?

Yes, that is a MUCH talked-about and sought-after cabin! Nice big balcony. Enjoy!
Old January 31st, 2004, 06:21 PM
runt

Had the same notation on our booking. I called and found out that those rooms are for 3 or 4 people but that they can be made into a queen. if there are only 2 of you. It was corrected by them right away so we should be getting a queen size bed. They also told me they take out the extra beds if they aren't needed in your room. We were also lucky and got upgraded from an inside to an outside even though it has an obstructed view. We'll let you know how it went.
Old January 31st, 2004, 07:49 PM
Admiral

I assume you're on the Golden, Star or Grand. Keep your room because your balcony is huge if that is the class of ship you are on. Those farthest aft cabins are really quite great. Yes you can change the beds once on board.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Keisele

Beth -

What ship are you sailing on? The four of us (me, my husband and two kids) will be going on the Caribbean Princess in May . We originally booked a balcony room with accommdations for four. However, we discovered through these great message boards that the two twin beds were "not allowed" to be converted to a queen for "safety purposes". We, like yourselves, did not want to sleep separately. Everyone started answering my post and between my TA and two great board readers we finally had a definite answer to this dilemma. Our TA was told by Princess that the beds did convert, but the other two people who were asking the same question were told by Princess they did not. So then my TA talked with a supervisor at Princess and was told the twins were non-converting because the ladder for the bunk overhead had to go between the twins below. Now this is for the Caribbean Princess that is why I asked which ship you were sailing. If it is just you and your husband sailing, there should not be a problem of getting a balcony cabin with converting twins. We were told they were not allowed to convert with the accommodations for four.

Yada ,yada, yada we ended up paying a little more for a mini suite to have a queen. Unfortunately, by the time we had the correct information and upgraded to a mini-suite, most of the mini suites had been booked. We were mid ship on the Caribe Deck, now we are aft on the Dolphin Deck.

Hope this helps.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
david d

Our personilizer for a mini suite also says non-converting. I thought all mini suites had a queen? What's up?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Passenger

We are on the Golden. Departs April 3rd. There are only the 2 of us. By reading all the post on this subject I guess because it's just the 2 of us in the room the beds can be converted. Our personalizer now says the bed accomodations is Queen.

Beth
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Sandi B.

We are going on the Coral Princess in June and have reserved a mini-suite. Our accomodations also said non-converting twins. I spoke with our TA and was told that the computer automatically defaults to non-converting if there are more than 2 people in the cabin (in our case there will be 3). However, she said all we had to do was ask the cabin stewart to put the beds together. Hope this helps.
Sandi
Old February 4th, 2004, 04:04 AM
david d

I spoke to Princess and was told that the mini suite we were in D715 on the Caribbean Princess does convert to a Queen even if it says non-converting.
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:14 AM
McCall

it seems there was a software glitch that put all the bed configurations back to non converting twin. you can call and have it changed or just have the steward do it when you get onboard.
Old February 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Joyce Munro

Keisle, when are you sailing? My family and I are sailing on 5/15 on the Caribbean Princess. Any chance we're on the same cruise? If so, what are the ages of your children? We have one, a daughter, Catie Claire, who is almost four.