Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Roll Call 5/23 Golden

I'm with you Bob, we like to take the cruises for the ports of call. Sea days are OK to recoup your energy, but our real enjoyment is the different stops, cultures and people you meet. Sea days is just fighting over getting a deck chair by the pool and fending off requests for cocktails every 30 seconds!! Although they can be enjoyable because you don't need to be anywhere at any certain time. I think our goal this trip will be to hit a beach every stop, although a hike in the rain forest in St. Kitts is near the top of my list. Also snorkling in St. Johns is a MUST this trip. Well - off to work so I can pay for this trip!!! See y'all on board in 45 days....Dave
Old April 9th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Passenger

To Yeahoot-
I wanted to say that May 21st is a great day for your wedding day!! My wife, Kathy, and I were married May 21st - 16 years ago and still going strong. May yours be as good and strong as ours!! Congrats again!!
Rumor has it that while the Golden is in drydock the last week of April, they're converting the Desert Rose into a Sterling Steakhouse and they are installing the "movies under the stars" movie screen on the pool deck. Also doing a general refurbishment of the boat. Should be in great shape for our cruise!! Per my TA, Princess said they'd be mailing out tickets in a week or so. Now you KNOW you're getting close when the tickets arrive!! See y'all on board in 44 days!!
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Roll Call 5/23 Golden

Bump....
Old April 13th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Passenger

bump.....
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Has anybody's tickets shown up yet???
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Nope...mine hasn't! They should be coming in the next couple of weeks, shouldn't they? I'm so excited!!! When they do arrive I will just explode!

Targeting Jun 2009
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:35 PM
First Mate

Our TA said in a few days we should have them. We are getting anxious!! Everyday I anticipate that they will be here, one of these days they will be. Thinking what to pack, as always will be taking too many clothes. Wow 37 days and counting :-) Do the tickets come FedEx???
Old April 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call 5/23 Golden

Carol, I think ours came by regular mail last time. But then, that's been 3 years ago.

Targeting Jun 2009
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Passenger

I think, the tickets will come from your travel agent - so it depends on how they send them. Usually they want some form of confirmation that they were delivered. I think mine sends them USPS express mail. I have seen several other cruisers on the CC boards that have received their tickets, so they should show up any day now. Guess it's time to start checking on the flight reservations to make sure American Airlines hasn't made any unannounced changes. Funny how those things happen when you don't check....See y'all in about 5 weeks!!!!
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:38 PM
First Mate

Hi Everyone: I will be picking up the tickets tomorrow from the travel agency :-) So yours should all be coming this week. Hope to meet on board should be a fun time .
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Still waiting for our tickets to show up. Definately will be trying to locate some of you on board. We'll try to find the most comfortable place near a bar outside for the sail away. I know to look for Pittsburgh T-shirts - just my luck, there'll be a couple hundred or so!!! Hopefully we'll get a chance to say hi and wish a couple of congrats on newly married couples. Getting pretty psyched now!!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:36 PM
AndyW

Hey everyone! It does seem like a lot of celebrations are occurring on the 5/23 sailing. My brother is celebrating a huge promotion, my parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary, and I'm celebrating my graduation from PSU!!! BTW, anyone have any jobs that they need filled at their companies? Email me if you do!!!

I can't wait to go to these islands. Hoping for a few things when I get on-board:

1 - my cabin won't be as obstructed as it seems!
2 - great food (only sailed on the RCCL EoS before this, and I liked their food a lot)
3 - no waiting with PC dining
4 - that the dry dock rumours (movie screen, Sterling, etc.) are true!!!

Let's keep this post going!
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:30 AM
First Mate

The tickets are HERE!!!!! Bring out the suitcases:-)
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:30 AM
Beginner

Carol,

I am very jealous. Still waiting for our tickets! Having them in hand will just make the cruise seem more real, if you know what I mean. Sometimes, I forget we are really going in just over a month!

Rose
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Passenger

Hey AndyW,
Good to have a new poster - sounds like we'll be neighbors, since I'm also concerned about how "obstructed" the view will be. My TA said the cabin was "partially obstructed", but Princess shows it to be obstructed. Looking at a deck plan, it is somewhat between two lifeboats. We'll just hope.
Per TA, tickets are on the way. For some reason Princess sent everyone else's ticket, but not mine!!! And it's my credit card on account with them!!! I just don't get no respect!! My TA has gotten it solved and Princess is supposed to be over nighting the ticket to her. Will be relieved when they are in hand. Yes, it does make everything seem alot more "real" when the tickets are in hand.
See y'all aboard in 31 days!!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Passenger

Tickets have arrived!! Let's bring it on....c'mon 5/23!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old April 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM
First Mate

Glad you have the tickets:-) Countdown is in the 20's can't wait for the ship to sail!!
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody!
I've been reading all your updates and feel like I want to be in with your group.You sound like you're going to have a great time. We were on the Golden the second week in Oct. 2001. Talk about a room, we thought we would be on the Plaza Deck in a far inside room, just to get on the ship! We were never given our cabin number until we got to the Ft.Lauderdale Terminal headed for the Eastern Caribbean. It turned out that we were REALLY upgraded to Aloha Deck 303, which is outside with a balcony.It was a HUGE room, and spoiled us forever. We haven't had a room like that since. BTW, our anniversary is May 26--14 years, so that week in May is great for anniversaries. I love the Golden. I also want to say Go Bucs! We live in Sebring FL, about 2 hours from Tampa Bay. Have a great time! We'll be on the Caribbean Princess the week of Sept.18. I hope our waiting time goes quickly. I'm ready NOW.
Bon Voyage-Lynne
PS. I worked with the Red Cross in the Hersey area of PA.Flew into Harrisburg Airport.,and have been in Lancaster Co.More recently, my elder son worked in Harrisburg for Alltel Wireless and we've had a chance to visit him there.Small world.

Sun Princess 2-98
Golden Princess 10-01
Grand Princess 10-02
Holland America Zuiderdam 9-03
Caribbean Princess 9-24 (We've come back to the best!)
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Passenger

To Lynne & Trevor,
Sorry you won't be with us on this cruise, but I'm sure your Carribbean Princess cruise will be just as great. I think our next cruise will be on an "off" month in hopes of getting that great upgrade, but right now, REALLY looking forward to trying to meet y'all that'll be on this cruise in just about 3 1/2 weeks!! Time seems to be going by at a good clip, hope that keeps up!! See y'all aboard in 26 days!! GO BUCS...time to redeem ourselves after last year!!! Although I must say, the Lightening have REALLY been entertaining. Finally have big-time hockey in town>>>GO BOLTS!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Bucsdave-
I can relate to Martin St. Louis, as I'm originally from Montreal. What feelings he must have skating well against his "home" team. It's time for the Canadiens to give it up.I watched them as a child so it's time for "new blood". I'm now corresponding with Carol who sent a message through earlier,concerning the Caribbean Princess Cruise of 9/18. Take care and y'all have a good time on that cruise!! Lynne
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Passenger

Has anyone heard exactly what they are doing with the Golden while in drydock? I've heard rumors that the Desert Rose is changing to Sterling Steakhouse and they may be putting the Movies under the stars screen in. Anybody have any news or info?

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
Passenger

Getting low on the page, so I thought I'd just bump us back up where we belong!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Beginner

Thanks buscdave for bumping our roll call up! Where is everyone? Very quiet both here and on cruise critic board. Keep checking all the boards to see if anyone on the 5/2 Golden has posted about what changes (if any) were made during drydock. I guess they are having too much fun and who can blame them!

Purchased 100 shares of Carnival stock today to get the $100 onboard credit. Figure that the cruise industry continues to thrive with more and more people getting hooked on cruises, so I figure I can't lose! (I hope I am right!) Called Princess and they gave me a name and fax number of the person to send my confirmation to and said that it would be no problem getting the credit on before we sail!

Getting anxious!

Rose
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:52 AM
First Mate

Hi everyone I don't know about all of you but I'm shopping!!!! Not really trying to figure out what to pack and when to start. Sister in Law is more than ready, she watches her 1 yr old grandson and helps her elderly parents. She is more than ready!! She threatened to not return home :-) Who can blame her?? Counting down 19 days it seems to be going fast hope the cruise days don't. Now we should be at the top right??
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

It won't be long now! I'm counting the days with you. I wish I could say bon voyage to all of you in person,but as the cruise day gets closer, I'll shout it out in capital letters!! I'm sure you're having fun shopping and you'll probably pack more than you need. I used to work for the American Red Cross and would go out on assignments for 3 weeks. Now, wherever I go, the joke is that I still pack for 3 weeks, just in case I might need something, or the weather changes !! Lynne
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Passenger

I never thought about purchasing some Carnival stock - given the future expectations of the cruise industry, that may be a pretty good investment. We're getting real close now, too bad the Movies Under the Stars didn't make it on during this dry dock, but I am looking forward to the Sterling Steakhouse. Seems like you really can't buy a good steak without going to a meat market. Grocery stores really carry pretty poor meat selections - at least in the Tampa Bay area!! See y'all in a couple weeks!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We're heading down to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow for the weekend.We're going to see the Caribbean Princess while she's in port, walk the beach, go to the racetrack,eat at our favorite restaurants, and pretty much pretend that we're on our cruise.The only thing missing will be the Caribbean music. However, there is a place on the Lauderdale
Strip that does supply that type of sidewalk entertainment. While we're in town we'll treat my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.The Sterling Steakhouse sounds good-I'm not much into Italian or a lot of Mexican.But a good steak....terrific!! Lynne
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:34 AM
First Mate

Hi everyone, check this board to see in PRINT how many days till we sail :-) 15 and counting I'm sure we are all ready. Beautiful day here in PA to all the Moms out there HAPPY MOTHERS DAY tomorrow.
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Would also like to wish all you moms out there a very happy Mother's Day...See y'all in 14 and a wake up!!

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Thanks for all the Mom's Day wishes, and same back. Just returned from Ft. Lauderdale and saw the Caribbean Princess come in and dock. Very beautiful and TALL ship.We were right across from the Terminal.We did see where the movie screen was located-top deck-middle.From our vantage point it looked small but will probably be huge when we see it up close.Met 3 people who are sailing her this week.Also another couple from CA who are on another line.Both ships left yesterday morning. Only 2 more weeks! Unbelievable. Lynne