Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:08 AM
DirtDoog

Default Category EE on the Star Princess

I just checked my Cruise Status on Princess. I'm booked on the Star for VCE-BCN on May 4-16. It shows my room number P202 and Category EE. This was an upgrade from Category L. Just looking at the deck plans, the room is on the Plaza deck and all the way forward (the very first room at the front of the ship).

This doesn't sound *great*, but I wanted to see if any more experienced cruisers had other opinions. Also, the bed configuration is listed as "non-converting twins". Does this mean, we won't be able to push them together to make one full sized bed? How is the Plaza deck and the room? Is it really Category EE?
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Category EE on the Star Princess

This is actually a nice upgrade because it's an outside stateroom and you'll have a window and some natural light. It could get a bit bouncy and you may hear some waves crashing if there are high seas. However the Star Princess is a VERY stable ship. If I were you, I'd be happy about the upgrade.

I checked at cruise stateroom . com and your cabin is listed as two twins converting to a king. That may be different in the brochure. If you call Princess they should be willing to tell you the exact details about bed placement.

I think you did real fine. Besides the Star is a GREAT ship in every way. Be sure to have one dinner and an at sea brunch at Sabatini's. It is well worth the splurdge.

Cheers
Old March 28th, 2004, 05:05 PM
DirtDoog

Chuck:

Thanks so much for your valuable opinions. It is, afterall, just a stateroom...and we don't plan on staying in there too much!
Old March 28th, 2004, 07:58 PM
bmonroe

Hi there. I cannot comment on the category situation except to say that any upgrade is usually great. I have heard that if you are in the very front or back of the ship you will feel the motion to a greater degree than if you are more toward the middle. We just returned from a cruise and our info said "non converting twins" as well. Not sure why it said that-ours was made up into a queen before we boarded so you should be fine with regard to that.
Enjoy your trip!
Old April 5th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Mike & Charlotte

We returned from the Star downunder in February. Somebody above said that it is a very stable ship. I'd say it's average, and quite a few people on our cruise and the one before thought it didn't ride the waves well at all. The Med in May can be nice, but it can also be very rough in May. At any rate, in that cabin you will definitey feel the motion of the ship. Some people love it!

However, if you are inclined at all to seasickness, I'd recommend getting a good supply of Bomine before leaving home. It doesn't make you sleepy and works wonderfully. It's NOT prescription, but you still have to ask the pharmasist for Bomine. Or call and ask Princess to put you in something midships, even if it doesn't have a window.

One of the risks of booking a "guarantee" or taking an upgrade is that sometimes the cabins assigned are the less desirable ones.

Have a great cruise,
Charlotte