Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2004, 01:10 PM
DirtDoog

Default 5/4/04 Star - question about embarkation in Venice

Just got my cruise documents and I am very much looking forward to the trip! I'm planning to arrive in Venice a day-and-a-half early to explore and have a question about getting on the ship when I'm done exploring.

According to the itinerary that I have seen, the Star will set sail from Venice at 10pm. They will start letting people on the ship at Noon. I don't know when the deadline to get on the ship is. I'm wondering if get on the ship at noon, say, to drop off carryons or freshen up, will I be allowed to get back off the ship in order to do more sightseeing?
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
BillF

Default Re: 5/4/04 Star - question about embarkation in Venice

We also arrived in Venice a day early and used a private water taxi to take us to the ship. We were a group of 8 persons so the cost was shared. It was over $100 !
You have to get to the ship with your luggage on your own but once you have your cruise card you can get a free shuttle boat to St Marks Sq. The shuttle runs all day and until 1 hours before departure.
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:29 PM
nik nik

Default Re: Re: 5/4/04 Star - question about embarkation in Venice

You will be able to board the ship exactly at 12:00 noon. You can also leave the ship at any time and reboard provided that you have your ship ID.
Old April 18th, 2004, 11:58 PM
ESS

Default Re: 5/4/04 Star - question about embarkation in Venice

If you have some extra time - be sure to take short train ride to Padua to see the wonderful chapels painted by Giotto - right by the train station. These are world famous, and everyone always stampedes past Padua - which is a great town to explore