Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Default Sapphire Princess

Does anyone know about the progress of the Sapphire Princess? Is it on time?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:25 PM
DICK STEIN

Default Re: Sapphire Princess

It is due in seattle on June 9th to do some short cruises with TA's per seatlle's website. It will leave Japan several weeks earlier for sea trials and the tranpacific run. We will become comfortable when it starts across the pacific. I am on the first cruise and looking forward to it. My sixth alaska cruise.

on the Sapphire Princess
Old April 12th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Tony & Jennifer

I am booked on the Sapphire Princess for the November cruise to Australia ex LA. I spoke to a Princess sales person approximately two weeks ago, she said that the ship was slightly behind schedule. However they expected to commence crusies in June. The inquiries were made to Princess offices here in Ausatralia. I have posted a couple of notices on this board for anyone else travelling on the 22 November 04 cruise. I am travelling on my own.
Old April 15th, 2004, 04:39 PM
DICK STEIN

I am booked on the June 13th Maiden cruise of the Sapphire princess. I did not book my airfare until my cruise doc's arrived and I returned all the pre cruise information. I then booked my airfare at considerable cost. When doubts were raised above that the ship was running late I talked to my TA and Princess direct and both assured me that the cruise would proceed on time. If they are lying and it cost me over $1000 for non refundable airline tickets it will be a long time before I sail them again.

on the Sapphire Princess
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Does anyone else know anything about this delay? What is normal procedure if that happens? Would everyone be switched to the day earlier on the other ship? Or would it be cancelled altogether?
Old April 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Uncmarts

If a cruise is cancelled, they would try and re-book for a different ship provided there is available room. Otherwise you would receive a full refund and possibly some additional compensation in the form of ship board credit for a future curise.
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:42 AM
gaschatt

Cruise News Daily ( www.cruisenewsdaily.com ) is reporting the Sapphire will deliver a couple days early. Princess seems so confident that they are scheduling a pre-inaugral cruise (2 days, I think).
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
GregSD

A 2 night cruise June 11 on the Sapphire out of Seattle went on sale 4/20 and sold out in 3 hours. I wouldn't worry about a June 13 sailing when they have added one short cruise before that. About half the ship is being used to introduce travel professionals to the ship and Princess. I was lucky enough to get a cabin in the paid half of the passengers. I don't know how the other half is picked from the travel professionals.

Itinerary
June 11 Seattle
June 12 Victoria, Canada
June 13 Seattle
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:51 PM
Passenger

Greg - I am on the June 11 sailing, too. I think we are on the Baja deck. Our TA said the cruise was sold out in about 1/2 hour, and then a bunch of people are waitlisted.