Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Brennan

Default Diamond Princess

Just returned from a 5 night - 4 day cruise to Ketchikan, Alaska from Vancouver. It was great! I went with a small group from school, but I suggest if you are taking kids, go elsewhere. There were barely any other teens or kids on the boat but us and so the cruise wasn't what it could be. Activities in the teen centre were canceled all the time since not enough teens came to fill them up. However, that is barely even a complaint.
The food was great, but if you can, you really should make reservations at the dining rooms otherwise you may end up having to wait 3 hours to get in, as a couple of the students from the group had to. Of course the buffet is open 24 hours a day and serves the same food, but it's funner to go to the themed dining rooms and get served. Also, having "Anytime DIning" is a must! It makes the difference. I went to the Santa Fe (Mexican Dinind), Sterling (Steakhouse), and the International Dining Rooms. The food was great, service even better. Apparently at Sabatini's, the Italian dining room, you go for a 2 - 3 hour seating and get an 18 course meal. Although, you have to pay $20 for that, but I was told it was worth the price.
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Diamond Princess

I have a question. I am going on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska next month. Was your ship able to dock in each port, or did you have to take a tender in any of them? Thanks in advance

Steve
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:34 PM
3 things

Can you share any more about the ship?

I'm going in two months on it...
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Passenger

Does anyone who has saild on the Diamond Princess in Alaska know about which port has actual docks and which port requires a tender to come ashore?

Thanks