Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:45 PM
bluewaves

Default Just Back from Golden Princess

Just got back from the 5/23 sailing of the Golden Princess out of San Juan. My only complaint was about the weather which is no ones fault but the man upstairs. The ship looks absolutely wonderful. Completely spotless and clean. The quality of care they give these ships is amazing, on our way out of San Juan as we disembarked they had a man in a boat over the side painting the anchor. Everytime the ship stopped there were crew members outside on the dock scrubbing and painting. The crew was excellent, very pleasant and very helpful at all times. Our stateroom steward was wonderful and anyone staying forward on the port side of Emerald deck is in for a wonderful treat with Ramon. I read some of the other recent posts especially on the damage to the Diamond Princess and the way the crew reacted. We had a similar experience that the call in Caracas, Venezuela was cancelled one of the reasons we took this cruise. As anyone who has ever cruised before it is standard practice by EVERY CRUISE LINE that ports may be cancelled without prior notice and if you read your cruise documents you will know that. But then again no one ever reads the fine print. I will be posting a ton pictures as soon as I get some time to go through them. Wish my fellow passengers well and that everyone gets home safe, anyone with questions about the Golden or our ports please feel free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Just Back from Golden Princess

Welcome back! I followed your cruise all week via WebCam and the itinerary in my Princess Cruises book. Have been corresponding with the group from the 5/23 Roll Call who said they wished I could go with them.(Me too).This was my "virtual cruise" before going on the CP in Sept on the Eastern Itinerary. We will hit 3 of the same places you did! I was really concerned about the weather down there as the Satellite pictures and 10 day extended forecast for each place predicted 50-60% rain in several locales. The Camera showed some overcast and I was worried that all the excursions would be wiped out. However, raydon, from the 5/23 board said that the temps were actually more pleasant than here (Florida).You got a nice breeze. I've been patiently awaiting the reviews of the trip from "the gang".I will wait with beted breath to see your pictures! Lynne

Old June 1st, 2004, 08:37 AM
First Mate

We also cruised 5/23 on the Golden. The ship is beautiful, my sister in law didn't like the fact that no deck goes completely around so its hard to walk if you want to exercise, It didn't bother me!!! Food and service were great, we had traditional dining and our waiter Catalin was excellent!!!! Our room steward on the Aloha deck was Sandy and he knew what we needed before we asked. The Aloha deck was noisy at times, so we did book another cruise for next April and chose the Baja deck. The Horizon court was a little confusing at times, people going in all different directions, no order could be improved but again it didn't bother me much. Entertainment wasn't all that great, although the comedians were really funny. Its amazing no vulgar language and you can still be funny. We really enjoyed Sarge and Adam Ace. The weather was HOT and sunny, except in St. Thomas at Megans Bay, but the rest of the islands had sun and we enjoyed the beaches at every port except St. Kitts where we opted to walk to town. The tours to the beaches were fun and we loved Grenada, we had never been there before. We liked the Terrace pool and thats the only one we went to it was at the end of our deck so it was easy for us to reach. Enjoyed all the time spent on the cruise, rating it we gave it an 8. This is our opinion I'm sure others will have theirs. We always say can't have a bad cruise its all in what you make it. We had a wonderful time.
Old June 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Thanks, Carol. Glad you had a good time.I've never had a bad cruise,either. I'm glad that the weather held for you.As I stated before,I was concerned. The Horizon Buffet can be confusing at times but we learned to navigate it when we were on her in 2001.We will see how it goes on the Caribbean Princess in Sept with the new Caribe Cafe adjacent to it. Welcome home, although you might wish you were cruising for another week. Do you have your land legs back yet or are you still rocking? Lynne

Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
bluewaves

The promenade deck goes all the way around you just have to go up and down a flight of stairs up front, nothing new thoguh was on a Carnival cruise and not one deck went completely around.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

I am glad you had such a nice cruise. We are going on the CP and I can't wait to experience Princess for the first time. I agree there is no such thing as a bad cruise...it is what you make of it!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:34 AM
Admiral

We love the Golden and we were glad to hear that her stablization system has been corrected. We cruised her in February and the only complaint that we had was that we had a bit of a pitch and roll in her ride.