Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Default October Cruise w/kids

We are thinking of an October cruise with our 2 kids ages 16 and 9 . Since this is during school will there be many kids on board? Or at least enough activities to keep Girls of this age occupied?
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: October Cruise w/kids

I was on the Carnival Pride last October and there were plenty of kids. I will also be sailing on Princess Sapphire this October with my 15 year old nephew and nieces age 2, 7 and 8.

I have heard that the number of kids varies not only by the time of year, but also by the itinerary and length of the cruise. Mexican and Caribbean cruises attract more families with kids than Alaskan cruises and 7-day and shorter cruises tend to have more kids than longer trips.

We always go during the school year (cheaper) and my nieces and nephew have never had a problem making friends onboard even when we did a 10-day to Alaska, so I don't think you're have a problem.
Old June 11th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Admiral

shouldn't be a problem especially if you book onto one of the bigger Grand Class ships. Good kids programs, and teen activities.
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM
napasgrape

We always go in October on Carnival (last 8 yrs) , kids are 6 and 10 now and they look forward to it every year. They bring school work to do daily and enjoy the Camp Carnival with other kids. In October there are not so many kids that you feel it is a summer camp. We will be on the Caribean Princess this year (10/30/2004)and would like any news about the kids activities on this ship. Real live reviews, not just Princess info on the internet.