Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Princess update

Here is the latest from the Princess site:
September 4, 2004
Updated September 4, 2004 at 11:00am
Princess Cruises is closely monitoring the current and projected path of Hurricane Frances in order to ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers and crew, which is always our foremost priority. To avoid the hurricane and its affects, and because of the temporary closing of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, we have altered two itineraries of Caribbean Princess.

Caribbean Princess Voyage B436: Originally scheduled to return Saturday, September 4

Because Port Everglades will be closed on Saturday, September 4 and most of Sunday, September 5, Caribbean Princess is expected to arrive from its current sailing Monday, September 6, in the morning.
After an extended stay in Cozumel, the ship has now departed and is en route to Fort Lauderdale, avoiding the path of the hurricane.
Princess is currently re-booking air flights for those passengers who made their air arrangements through Princess. These new flights will be communicated to passengers onboard, once they are confirmed.
Princess is currently advising all travel agents with passengers booked of the itinerary change, and advising them to re-schedule the air flights for those passengers who have made independent flight arrangements.
Passengers onboard Caribbean Princess will be able to use the internet and phone services, on a complimentary basis, to make alternate travel arrangements and to advise family members, as needed.
Caribbean Princess Voyage B437: Originally scheduled to depart Saturday, September 4

Because of the delay returning to Port Everglades, this cruise is now scheduled to depart on Monday, September 6 at 10 pm.
As the ship's sailing schedule has been shortened by two days, the itinerary has been changed to a 5-day Western Caribbean route to provide passengers with the optimum port experience. Unfortunately, Caribbean Princess' delayed departure will not allow the ship to make its original calls, and we regret any disappointment this may cause. The new ports will be Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
Passengers and their travel agents are currently being contacted to advise them of this change, and are being advised to make alternative flight arrangements. Passengers who have booked their air through Princess will automatically be rescheduled on new flights arriving in Fort Lauderdale Monday, September 6.
Because of the change in the cruise itinerary, passengers will receive a 50% refund on their cruise fare, plus each passenger will receive an onboard cruise credit of $100.
Passengers will be responsible for the cost of their own incidentals relating to travel to the ship.
If passengers are unable to continue with their plans to sail on this voyage, they may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.
We will continue to post any updates to this information on our web site, www.princess.com. We appreciate the understanding that these changes are being made for the well being of our passengers and crew.

Message Boards Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Princess update

Wow, a 50% refund and they only miss two days, that sounds pretty good to me. Considering the hurricane is beyond the cruiselines control I think they have offered a nice package to make up for it.
Still I realize some will be inconvencienced , but I hope they choose to enjoy the five days and the 200 dollar a couple credit, and the 50% dicsount and cruise again sooner then they might have been able to afford, I know I would.