Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Christina M

Default Carrying on wine

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if I carryon a couple of bottles of wine in a case box that is sealed with tape, will it be opened before I get on the ship to inspect? I wanted to sneak in a few beers for my new hubby, as the beer on the ship is so expensive. I thought I remember reading on this board that someone had gone to the liquor store and had everything put in a box with a room tag on it and it was delivered to the room. Any help would be great.
Christina
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2004, 02:45 PM
JaneMarlow

Default Re: Carrying on wine

Depends on the cruise line's policies...Princess allows for wine/champagne to be brough onboard for comsumption in your cabin.
Old October 14th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Cruisingpeople

Hi
christina, Not really worth bringing beer on board. Wine is allowed, if you call room service before you depart you can have them bring wine glasses right to your cabin. Beer on board is not really that expensive. It ranges around $3.40 including automatic gratuity for your regular domestic brands. (Bud, Miller,Coors) Hienekin and some of the other imported ones are just a little bit more. Enjoy your cruise. Joe & Amelia
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Truecruz

I am also a beer drinker and like to have a few in the room so I called a company that delivers bon voyage gifts and arranged for a case of beer to be delivered to my cabin. It was there when we got there, the refrigerator never quite got it cold enough but our cabin steward delivered ice every day, morning and evening. I don't remember exactly what it cost -it was more expensive than buying a case and lugging it on the ship yourself - but it was alot cheaper than the $3.25 (or so) you pay on board.
True
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:02 PM
maribeth

You can also get a 6 beer gift package through Princess for 16.75 and have it in the cabin when you arrive. It's not that much cheaper but it's always fun to have a surprise waiting when you walk ito the cabin.

Mb
Old October 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Christina, Princess allows you to bring aboard a reasonable amount of wine & champagne for your personal consumption. They don't usually open a sealed box of wine, they will ask you what the contents are, but...........
As the others have suggested you can either purchase a "Welcome Aboard" gift for your hubby that will be in your cabin when you arrive or you can order beer off of the room service menu.