Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:46 PM
First Mate

Default cheaptickets.com

Has anyone used Cheaptickets.com for the airline tickets? I purchased through them and they keep changing my itinerary. I am getting a little nervous.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Captain

Default Re: cheaptickets.com

Yes, I have purchased tickets through www.cheaptickets.com several times. They are probably changing your itinerary because the airline is changing. I booked tickets through Delta's website, and they have changed my itinerary several times. It's always been a few minutes change in departure or arrival time.

Check the airline website to verify the changes.

Old January 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: cheaptickets.com

Mine have changed quite a bit. We went from getting into FLL at 7 pm to now almost 10 p.m. Then I got a change that said we had to return from FLL at 8 am. Which of course would not work at all. I called them and they did change them, but now we do not have assigned seats. I guess I will just quit worrying and go with the flow. Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2005, 10:50 AM
First Mate

We have been changed several times on Delta. Our cruise is the on the Sun Princess 4/8/05 although we have several earlier flights listed we are locked in for the later flight leaving Ft. Lauderdale the 18th of April really would have liked the earlier flights. Oh well, we also are suppose to go to Princess Cays so we will have to wait and see. It seems nobody says what is really going on.

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:08 PM
chris p

Default Re: Re: cheaptickets.com

I found that cheapair is an easier site to use. You pick the flights and times, and then the price comes up. I've also found that some airlines guarantee that their web rates are the lowest ( Continental was for us)
Old January 18th, 2005, 12:55 PM
First Mate

Cheaptickets used to offer great discounts on airline seats, however they haven't offered discounts any lower than the airlines themselves in a few years.

And it is incorrect when they state "their rates are lowest", they are not. Sometimes airlines run specials on their own websites that online booking agencies do not match. I actually called cheap tickets about a price I found lower on an airline website and the agent kept arguing with me that they had the lowest price even though I was staring at the cheaper ticket, quoting the dates and times when I was speaking to them.

I don't use them anymore, I think they have gone too "large market" and the deals just aren't there like they claim.

Their cars and hotel packages are always much higher than what I find elsewhere on the internet.
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
happy sailing

I only use site like cheaptickets.com to find out which airline is offering the lowest fare for my dates and times. Then I go directly to that carrier's website and book. This saves at least $10 and usually more per ticket, because they don't charge booking fees. The conglomerates have to charge the booking fees because the airlines no longer offer any commision. It's their only way to make a profit. If you are more interested in your own savings though, instead of helping pay their mortgages, book directly with the airline website.