Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default WARNINGS TO FUTURE DAWN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

I HAVE JUST GOTTEN OFF THE DAWN PRINCESS JAN 9TH, AND I CAN TELL YOU WO ANY RESERVATIONS, THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST CRUISE SHIPS I HAVE EVER BEEN ON IN MY LIFE. I HAVE BEEN AN EXECUTIVE IN THE CRUISE INDUSTRY WITH ONE OF THE LARGEST CRUISE LINES IN THE WORLD AND HAVE BEEN ON HUNDREDS OF CRUISES ON 10 DIFFERENT LINES , SO I MAKE THIS STATEMENT WITH CONSIDERABLE EXPERIENCE. THE SHIP IS NOT IN QUALITY OPERATING CONDITION, ENGINES/GENERATORS STILL NOT FULLY OPERATIONAL AND FUNCTIONAL AFTER BEING IN DRYDOCK FOR 3 WEEKS IN NOV. SHIP ROCKS CONSTANTLY EVERYDAY NO MATTER HOW CALM THE WEATHER IS DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH GENERATOR AND PROPULSION. PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ON DAWN EARLIER CLAIMED THERE WAS SMELL IN VISTA LOUNGE ESP PORT SIDE, AND IT STILL REMAINS, NOTHING DONE ABOUT IT, ELEVATORS ARE SLOW OR USELESS, THE ENTERTAINMENT IS AMATEURISH. VERY LIMITED ACTIVIITIES DURING SEA DAYS DUE TO CONSTANT CANVCELLATIONS REVISONS OF PORTS . AT NIGHT SOME SHOWS PERFORMERS DID 3 SHOWS DUE TO LACK OF ENTERTAINMENT, AND TYPICAL QUALITY CARNIVAL. FOOD IS ALRT BUT SERVICE HAS DECLINED. THIS IS TYPICAL CARNIVAL PRODUCT. AT LEAST 900 PEOPLE ON THIS CRUISE SIGNED A LETTER SEEKING REDRESS FROM CARNIVAL WHICH OWNS PRINCESS, FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW, FOR THE WAY THEY WERE TOLD OF ITINERARY CHANGES LAST MINUTE AND THE WAY THEY WERE TREATED ON THIS SHIP. AT LEAST 400 PEOPLE SPOKE TO THE CHIEF PURSER ALONE COMPAINING OF THIS SHIPS QUALITY AND THE WAY THINGS WERE DONE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARIBBEAN ON THIS SHIP IN MONTHS AHEAD, YOU WONT KNOW WHAT ITINERARY YOU WILL DO UNTIL LAST MINUTES AS SHIP CONTINUES TO OPERATE WO FULL CAPABILITIES REGARDING ENGINES. ALL I CAN SAY IS MANY PEOPLE WHEN THEY READ NEGATIVE REVIEWS SCOFF AT THEM CAUSE THEY FEEL THEY DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING BUT GOOD THINGS, BUT IM JUST ADVISING PASSENGERS. THAT I AND MANY HUNDREDS OF TRAVELERS ON SHIP SHIP , MANY VERY EXPERIENCES HAVING BEEN ON DOZENS, EVEN HUNDREDS OF CRUISES LIKE MYSELF, WERE TOTALLY OUTRAGED ON THIS SHIP. BE WARNED ITS YOUR MONEY, THERE ARE MANY ALTERNATIVE SHIPS OUT THERE.
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
marie&rick

Default Re: WARNINGS TO FUTURE DAWN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

Thanks for the warning. Please let us know if Princess/Carnival compensates all those who have complained. We are scheduled to take the Sun Princess in February and we hope there aren't similar problems on this ship.
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM
rotti

So are you saying you had a good time?
It's people to me who make a good time. Not food, ports or bad engines.
So far I have met some wonderful people on a roll call for the Dawn.
Will reply to yours when I return Jan 29th.
But please do keep us posted on compensation.
Old January 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Just a note here.. The original post in this thread is a perfect example of how DIFFICULT it is to read posts written entirely in CAPS.

Because of that difficulty, many posters will simply skip reading the post.

Just a tip, for future posters!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 9th, 2005, 02:31 PM
First Mate

When the takeover of Princess by Carnival took place, people in the industry told me that what we needed to be concerned mostly with is not what we see, as they will try pretty much to keep the various brands apart, but what happens behind the scenes. Purportredly, Carnival makes money by skimping on areas we don't see such as maintenance. But eventually, this can only go so long until things start breaking down. This post seems to indicate it has reached that point with the Dawn.

As to the changing of ports, I understand that a lot of Caribbean ports are in bad shape from this year's hurricanes. I personally enjoy sea days more than port days so I don't think there are many ports I'd get upset about having cancelled - every port seems to have the same junk for sale and there's just so many people begging that one can take at one time.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Joe H.

Was on the Dawn late December and I fully agree with MB.

Joe
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

QUIT SHOUTING!!! I for one have found it most difficult to read your post - therefore will not respond to it, nor will I kill my eyes to read it. As for the Dawn, I was on her in July/August in Alaska and do not have one complaint about her - unless it is about the unsupervised kids on board, but that is another story and not the fault of the ship.

Old January 9th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ditto the problem of both the caps and poor grammer ..fora cruise exectutive???????? Give us a break....

As stated by others..did you have a good time..did the crew treat you fairly..I gather alot of seniors were on this trip..they need the elevator..did you?? Lets be fair..yes Princess need to be up front about problems with the ship but some problems are created by the passagers and or the crew..NOT THE CRUISE LINE!!
Old January 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM
dands

What executive would post in all caps and mispell so many words. I have worked in the marine industry for 60 years and sailed on ships from destroyers to tankers to mega liners, MB does not have a clue how ships operate or how their engines operate. It sounds like he/she is in search for some compensation for a cruise they destroyed themselves. As someone posted earlier, you make your own cruise by enjoyning your cruise mates and the ship.
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Joe H.

I GUESS YOU ALL HAVE NOT READ OFFICIAL MILITARY ANNOUNCMENTS. THEY ARE ALL IN CAPS.
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Admiral

We are not in the military here. Take a chill pill and write normally. More people will actually read the message.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Response to Dawn Princess warning by me

Thank you for all the critical comments, they are much appreciated. Just because I wrote in caps and mispelled a few words in my haste to write this critique, has nothing to do with my expertise or past work history, but to some it obviously does. I happen to have gone to Harvard Business School, but I think we all know that not everyone of quality goes there anyways. I wont write anymore critiques, cause it serves no purpose. since if people dont only receive positive feedback, this site serves no objective function anyways. I was under the impression, that people wanted honest comments not reeaffirmation for the justification of future outlays of money for this ship. Of course you make your own good time, but with so many issues up front and the poor quality onboard, it detracts from the overall experience. By the way, for all those who dont think my assessment was accurate and fair, just contact princess guest relations department and ask them how many negative reports they have received or will receive shortly on this ship. I know for a fact that over 900 people alone filled out a letter to carnival on this cruise, expressing their extreme outrage and unhappiness. But of course what do I know? You will find out for yourself if and when you go on this ship, and then determine whether my crtitques were justified or not. I know I would prefer honest evaluations of products before i would use them, unfortunately its clear others dont feel the same way.
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Dana Cline

MB,

Thanks for the warning. I'm booked on the Dawn for March 10th, so hopefully in two months they can fix some of the problems. It's too late to back out now, and we already have the plane tickets, etc. I'll attempt to have a good time in spite of the problems.

I have heard that the engine was replaced/fixed when in drydock, but they can't run it at full capacity until it passes the "break in" period.

It'll be interesting to see if it improves, or if they do the port shuffle on us.

Dana
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Wake

As one who has already paid for a future Dawn cruise I plan on having a good time and will not let MB's posting ruin my vacation.
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: WARNINGS TO FUTURE DAWN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

It s such a shame to read this, but I am not at all surprised.

I have noticed a real deterioration in Carnival and if they are now slowly eroding the Princess ships, that will be a tragedy. Princess always had a good name and was a cruiseline I had considered travelling with but now knowing that Carnival have their 'teeth into them', I will not bother.

On another note, it is very interesting to read what MB says that people do not like you give your negative comments, it is as if they feel offended.

I have given true and honest comments on the Carnival Forum and seem to have been slated for it - I cannot personally understand why others take offence if you say how you feel about your own cruise experience. Believe me, I would much rather be able to post praise for Carnival and feel that I had enjoyed a wonderful cruise experience, but it has just not happened and I see they have become very second-rate.

I do hope that the Princess ships can be 'rescued' in time for this demise.

kimmie
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Beginner

I was also on this same cruise, and am unaware of a letter of protest being signed. Can you tell me how this was done, where the letter was that people signed, etc?

BTW, our group of 11 thought there were problems as far as food quality in the Horizon Court, but the fabulous evening meals and the incredible service we received from our servers made us forget the minor problems we found.
Old January 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Re: WARNINGS TO FUTURE DAWN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

I tend to agree that it's up to the person to make the cruise enjoyable or not BUT this isn't the only site that has negative posts about the Dawn. ***edited to delete commercial references***

If you analize the posts you will notice that Dawn Princess had very good reviews until about November of 2004. Since then all the reviews have gone downhill. I am booked for the 4/9/2005 cruise and am watching these posts very carefully. I have also asked my booking agent to contact Princess and get a update on all the negative reviews including whether Princess Cays will be available.

I suggest everyone keep an eye on the posts and see what others say over the next few weeks/months.

Happy Cruising
Old January 10th, 2005, 01:48 PM
First Mate

Princess seems to have a problem in handling children on board. One person attested to this for an Alaskan cruise and we just experienced it on the Island Princess holiday cruise to Hawaii. Here is a portion of the letter I sent to Princess about this:

However, the most egregious problem was Princess’ handling of all the teenagers on board. The holidays are a wonderful time to cruise with the family and I can understand and condone Princess’ relaxing of limitations in this area but there should have been a red flag warning when over half of the youngsters were teens. Your teen area can hardly handle 30 people, much less the 129 teens on board. When I asked the counselors how they were going to handle all of the teens, they responded that less than half ever show up. That should be red flag number two. If these teens are not occupied, they are roaming the ship and congregating on stairways susceptible to causing problems.

We had 3 teens of our own on board. We told them before embarkation that we wanted them to enjoy the cruise but that we would not tolerate any trouble making or we would pull their cruise card and confine them to their stateroom. Our teens were initially enthused with the program we found in our cabins for the “Off Limits” activities. However this soon soured when activities were not held as posted and when some only allowed 20 people to participate. Our 14 year old granddaughter was very uncomfortable by the “making out” that some teens were allowed to do in the Off Limits area. Fortunately, they were able to amuse themselves with games in the card room, the sports area on deck 15, miniature golf and reading. But others hogged the spas, congregated on stairways, jumped into the pools and were loudly disrupting. There seemed to be a lack of security when extra should have been added as Princess knew so many teens would be on board.

I would like to recommend a procedure that would provide better control of children on board that should result in a more pleasant cruise experience for all when the capacity of the Off Limits area is exceeded. First, Princess should develop a document that all parents and/or guardians have to sign before they embark spelling out the conduct expected of their children and holding them responsible for the actions of their charges. The signers would acknowledge that repeated failure to comply with these requirements would subject their entire family being put off the ship at the next port with it being their responsibility to find a way back home. This document should contain but not be limited to the following items:

1. An 11:00 PM curfew for anyone under 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or guardian except for participation in an official Off Limits or Kid’s Zone activity.
2. No congregating on stairways.
3. No actions that disturb other passengers such as loud horseplay, foul language, etc.
4. Obeying posted signs for the pool area such as no jumping or diving.
5. No destruction or misuse of property. (A table was thrown overboard, one of the large chess pieces was tossed on top of the sports area netting and a passenger’s motorized scooter was stolen and damaged.)
6. Other items as appropriate.

Princess also has to increase security on all passenger cabin floors with active patrols all evening to eliminate rowdy behavior. Counselors have to be more firm with teens so that no inappropriate actions take place. Princess also needs to find a place for the teens to congregate without using public areas. If Princess allows this many teens on board, it has the responsibility to provide such an area for both the teens sake and the happiness of adult passengers.

There is one other situation that the staff on board (some from Mexico themselves) confirmed that happens on every holiday cruise. It seems some affluent families from Mexico also like to take this cruise. These families normally have nannies that take care of their children and for some reason chose not to take the nannies along on the cruise. These parents normally do not discipline their children and either don’t know how or do not want to discipline them on board. They would allow an 8 year old to take a gaggle of youngsters to the pool or the Lido deck. Children would put their hands into the food and run around unsupervised. Princess needs to provide the suggested document in both English and Spanish for parents to sign. And then they should monitor and enforce these provisions.

I won't hold my breath for an answer.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Just a reminder here..... Personal attacks are NOT allowed on the boards. You can disagree about opinions, and discuss the points raised. You CAN NOT simply attack the poster.

Personally I like to hear both good and bad in ships reviews. I tend to give more credence/weight to those that tell a "complete" story.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 10th, 2005, 03:23 PM
pg

Well guys, it is hard to accept everything the OP has written, BUT, his is NOT the first post I have read regarding sub standard cruise experiences on the Dawn, so I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Old January 10th, 2005, 03:51 PM
rotti

I passed this link on to others who are on the Dawn with me next week. We all had various opinions of the post. The critical part to the post was "CAPS". This got to me as well as the time of the post? But more than 50% (a batting average of 500) did not complain. We all are entitled to voice an opinion and to comment on it within the rules set forth here on this forum.
He may well have had a bad day, a bad 10 days. So what! He has the right to voice his feelings as I would do as well.
Life it far to short to ***** and complain. Had his view been posted as a observation rather that a blasting well it may have got more attention or understanding.
I promise you all I will come back and make a post based on the "average joe" scenerio.

Below are comments for those concerned who are booked on the Dawn from another board:

from 12/3 sailing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were notified of all itinerary changes before sailing, along with our per person credit. I don't know about extra activities, but I can tell you that my husband and I were among those angry over the itinerary cuts (shorter time in ports and missed port). But, to our surprise and to our delight, we didn't feel cheated at all. In fact, we loved the pacing. For us, it made for a more relaxing cruise. Additionally, this was our first Princess cruise (four on Celebrity, one RCI). Both my husband and I and my parents (their first cruise) put a deposit on future Princess cruise. We felt Princess was neck-and-neck with Celebrity quality and, perhaps, a better value. The ship was in very good condition. The bedspreads aren't new, but the rooms are in very good shape, as were the public areas. There was still a smell of sewer, however, at the entrance to one of the show lounges. We sat down for one of the shows and lasted only about five minutes. Beautiful costumes, but appeared to be lip-synching to broadway tunes. But we were the exception...the room was packed with others who were apparently content. We found the staff to be very professional and helpful. This was by far the best dining service we've experienced (We were late, traditional seating). Mongkul and Dirik (both Thai) and the asst. head waiter, Catalan, really took an interest in us and our comfort on board. When they found out we liked (and missed) spicy food on cruises...they prepared special meals for us on three nights (thai, mexican and indian). Also, on the last day, Dirik brought coffee and muffins to my parents' room at 5:30 a.m. after he learned how disappointed they were that they couldn't get room service. We continue to exchange emails with them and are happy to report that the tsunami did not impact their friends and family. Our balcony room was the same size as our Celebrity room---but that included the balcony. I was concerned about this before sailing, but we didn't miss the extra 30-square-feet. In fact, we thought the shower on Princess was larger than Celebrity. Drinks, too, were cheaper (which adds up over 10 days)...especially if you split the jumbo (we're talking half-price here). Some have complained about Coke card service, but we had no problem. In fact, the bartenders poured extra-large sodas without being asked. The casino, as has been reported, appears to have very tight slot machines...which may explain why it was empty for most of our cruise. Overall, I would give this a four out of five-star cruise. Four-and-a-half, really, considering what we paid. But others who shared the same sailing may have a different view. It depends so much on what you enjoy and who you run into. FYI: We're mid-30s. Parents mid-70s. We rarely go to shows (and we were surprised when parents showed no interest), we don't do bingo and we don't shop. (i know a lot of cruisers really look forward to these activities, but I cannot report on them). We really look forward to the ports...lounging by the pool...and this time, to the wine tastings.

Enjoy

We were on the 12/13-23 Dawn cruise. We were alerted of changes in September and had no surprises.

I don't know if activities were added or they were just the regular activities. They seemed to be about the same as previous Princess cruises. If you post a fax number I'll be glad to fax you copies of the patters if you would like.

I was only in the Vista showroom briefly and did not notice any sewage smells, but that doesn't mean they weren't there from time to time - I just can't report any. Otherwise the ship was spotless.

The crew was efficient, attentive and friendly. From the post above you can see that certainly there were those who went above and beyond. The food was as good as it has been on my previous 4 Princess cruises. While onboard we booked another cruise.

I really don't understand why some folks are coming back and saying good things while others clearly had a different experience. Beats me!
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default DAWN WARNING CONTINUED

I guess I need to still clarify my critique of the dawn princess. First of all the ship has had itinerary changes since oct 2004, and engine problems since apr 2004, so you have to understand the history of this ship the last months. People that traveled prior to my cruise Dec 30th, say in oct. nov, early dec, were notified of port changes i believe around sept 28th , and in some cases had over 2 months to change cancel their cruise. In addition the compensation initially was 200 per person, then 150, now 100 a person for same itinerary changes or cancellations. People on my cruise were notified approximately dec 15th, only about 2 weeks before the cruise date and therefore had virtually no recourse for refunds , cancellations, so right there it created a lot of animosity aboard. Then not being upfront with passengers at the time of booking, about the ships operating conditions, with engine then generator problems. That in itself created a lack of goodwill and created bad impressions for passengers , due to in my opinion, carnival's cavalier attitude, and only concern for profit as expense of customers considerations. Many people i spoke to on my and previous dawn ships would have cancelled if they knew of ship engine problems and attending only 4 ports , some only partial visits in 10 days, or at least would have liked to have the option to change or cancel their cruise.. Many people on longer cruises go for the ports not for the sea days. As a matter of fact, many passengers werent aware of port changes/cancellations until they boarded the vessel, so it made a big difference if some people traveled in oct, nov early dec when they received advanced notice of changes in ports. Secondly, having worked in finance and operations for the cruise industry, i look at the product as a whole , basing my evaluations on everything .Many people only do certain things, experience only portions of the entire experience, such as not seeing shows, not particpating in cruise activities during daytime, etc, so their perspective may be different. I take the whole picture compare it to other comparable ships, other lines, and then make my opinions or comments. I find that overall the standards in many areas on the dawn and other princess ships, have lacked in comparison to prior years, in subtle and much more obvious ways.. I tend to find that if people on this site, say that princess after being taken over by carnival, is at the same level as celebrity, that i find very hard to accept. Virtually every major travel publication, and almost all industry standards tend to place celebrity as the top premium cruise line in the moderate price range, and their ships at the forefront in the industry for their class. Conde nast last year rated 7 of the worlds top 10 large ships celebrity vessels with constellation and summit one and two . Many industry people as well, still rate celebrity at the top of the pyramid. Anyways, reviews are subjective, mine are based on the overall product after being involved in hotel and cruise operations and finance for over 25 years and as i have said having been on hundreds of ships , 10-11 lines , i have seen changes significant and subtle throughout the industry . Most experienced and savvy cruisers have noticed the significant changes in princess quality since being taken over by carnival . I have been on several princess ships since carnival has taken over and the level of quality of say 5-10 years ago to me just isnt the same.The point is carnival is totally budget conscious at the expense of all else, so there has to be a negative effect on operations and performance and quality. But finally every person will make the cruise a good or bad exp for themselves, its just that when a line or ship has problems or issues to begin with, it doesnt help but detract from the overall experience.
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

I'm scheduled with a group of 10 for a cruise on Feb. 18th and will take particular notice of the things mentioned.

In over 25 cruises, I've not encountered anything that would ruin a cruise for me and certainly hope this next one isn't the one that does!

I will keep everyone posted on the Dawn Princess when I return 3/1.
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:50 PM
bigwhite

Well my wife and I are booked on the March 20 cruise for 10 days to southern carib....I wonder if things will be better...have never had any problems with Princess before...I will be waiting for more reports....too late to change as final deposit has been made..cold in Canada.....still thinking about going on the Coral Princess on Sept. 20 for repositioning cruise...any comments...thanks.
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am taking most comments as the personal observations of the poster....loud children can and are annoying however they do need to be children ..the parents need to contol them and obey the rules. ie which pools they can use and no jumping, running etc.. respectful voices in halls, dining rooms, public areas etc The ships crew needs to beable to enforce the rules..boot a few people off and let others know it will and does happen..some people may be upset but others will be more conscience of their behavior.

However these posters also need to learn to use proper grammer and structure when posting..edit, use paragraphs etc..the long winded postings loose people and are very hard to read. imho

I am going on the Dawn in March and realize that there will be changes in the itinarery, there may be kids on board..that there will be some sour pusses that nothing will please but I will take all with "a grain of salt" and enjoy my trip....

thank you
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
dands

Kuki this is not a personal attack but I think MB is trying to have an axe to grind. He/she seems to not answer direct questions or responses to his/her credentials. An executive of a cruise line, (ex executive) would have a much more definitive comments of the problems. A review of a cruise is greatly appreciated, but a slam is not. Lets hear about the bad and the good.
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default dawn princess-dands request

Hello, in response to your comments, i did believe my initial letter covered areas of this particular ship and cruise which i felt was unsatisfactory in my opinion. However, if you still would like more specific details, please let me know and i will provide them for you. Regards,
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Waterman

I just wanted to add that I new about the bad engine on the Dawn from Feb. 04, when my Sisiter was on it and missed some ports and was told then it was an engine problem.

With that in concideration I still booked the Dawn for Feb. 05. I really prayed that they were going to put a new engine in when it went into dry dock and that everything would be back to normal. But as we found out, it is not, and we will never know for sure if they did put in a new engine or not while in dry dock.

I have to admit , I did try to change my cruise to another Ship or Cruise Line, but they were all booked up for what catagory I wanted. There was nothing I could do at that point. So I paid final payment.

I have been reading alot of the mixed reviews. At first I was very very upset. But now that it is so cold here and I just want to get out of town, I will take anything I can get, lol. I decided that I will make the best of it no matter what. I have packed extra games and cards for us to play if there is no extra activities. I still will have my favorite "TEA TIME" hour, so I am happy there. And for the missed ports, well, I just keep telling myself, that there is a good reason for me to ask hubby to do another cruise that will include the missed ports in a future cruise. I still have many ports I would like to see, so I am sure that I will get to most in the future if I am lucky.

I have booked a Mini Suite, so I know we will not get in eachothers way. I think if you only let me out just to eat, I would be happy, well, maybe to the spa for a treatment ot 10, lol. Oh yeah and he can always get me drunk enough everyday that I would be to sick to get off at the ports anyway, lol. So that is what I will cruise this time for, eat, drink and lots of lovein. Now that would be a really relaxing cruise, and the way a cruise should be anyway.

I am packed already, and I still have like 28 days left. I guess I am ready for an adventure for sure. I will let you all know how my cruise went when I return. If I ever leave my room, lol.

Happy Cruising to all.

Sue
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Lancet

Somehow, MB post is a little "fishy" to me; however he maybe legitimate and his(assuming male gender) facts are as presented. But there are some things that bother me. If he is a graduate of Harvard University and an executive of company in
a very public conscious industry, you would think his spelling and punctuation would
be a lot better than what was presented. He is also extremely negative, almost
to the point of being excessive. He does issue some facts and figures; which
may be true or not. It does sound like someone with an `axe to grind` as mentioned
in a previous post: out to sabotage Princess for some reason.

I do agree with his basic premise, however. Carnival is not orientated to premium
quality, and this most definitely could possibly spill over into Princess. And I also
think Celebrity is a better line. Celebrity is owned by RCCL but does maintain it
indepenence from RCCL (which has gone down in recent years).

I was on the 30 trip LA to Sydney last Nov/Dec. The ship is beautiful, the food great
and I found the service friendly and helpfull. The entertainment was so so; a ubiquitous
problem on cruises. Maybe the Dawn is different.

I suggest that readers of his post weigh the possibility of accuracy and sincerity vs
vindictiveness and rancor. Do your own checking.

Lancet
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Lancet

Before MB jumps on me. I mispelled Independence, and it should have read
"30 day trip LA to Sydney" Since I criticized his spelling and grammar, I thought
I should preempt the possible retort.

Lancet