Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM
First Mate

Default Sapphire Princess traditional dining room

I have a group cruise of up to 40 people scheduled for November. Does anyone have a floor plan for the dining room used for traditional dining on Sapphire Princess? I would like to see exactly how things are set up in an attempt to make sure my seating plans work. I always try to make sure people are sitting together who will get along and enjoy each other's company. I also like to make sure that no one is sitting at a table without at least two people they know. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Sapphire Princess traditional dining room

I hope they did a better job on the Sapphire than they do on the Grand Class ships for traditional dining. We did not like the dining room on the Star Princess. It is hard to reach and is subject to immense vibrations when leaving port which it usually did during early seating. If anyone in your party is mobility challenged, it is a nightmare to get there as only two elevators in the bank go down to the 5th floor. And those same elevators go all the way to the 16th, so they are less available. One has to go up a flight of stairs and then down a flight to get to this restaurant. We personally will never go on a Grand class ship again for this reason and are hoping they corrected this with the Sapphire.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 18th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Ernie

Default Re: Sapphire Princess traditional dining room

The Sapphire has elevators the the Traditional Seating Dining room. Get your travel agent to assign tables for you well before your sailing date. If you can divide your group into tables of 6, or 8, it should be easy for your agent to seat you. Nevertheless, check with the dining room when you board just to see if the tables were assigned. The logistic problems in the dining rooms are huge. Everybody wants a certain table and that just might not be possible, but they do their best. Dump everything on the lap of your travel agent. That is what they do.