Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Default Best Insurance

What seems to be the best cruise insurance to purchase? I have heard many say not to buy from the cruise company. I have found several quotes from different places such as insuremytrip.com but would like to know from someone first hand who is the preferred company. Just because it is cheaper is not a reason. I want to know they stand behind the policy. For instance, what if we cannot make the cruise due to flight problems? Illness?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Dana Cline

Default Re: Best Insurance

My agent suggested www.travelsafe.com, which we are using for our next cruise. However, having never had a need to exercise the insurance, I can't speak as to its validity.

This will be my 7th cruise, and we've only booked insurance on two other cruises.

Dana
on the Dawn Princess
Old January 24th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Everett Irish

Default Re: Best Insurance

I have purchased Princess Insurance. Last February I had pneumonia just as we were docking in Ft Lauderdale. THey took care of me on the ship ( $1200) I then spent 4 days in hospital in Ft Lauderdale. The insurance paid for everything including my Grandsons room in a hotel And plane tickets home, And a nurse. First class. Be sure to save all receipts for expenses.
Happy with Princess insurance.
Ev Irish
Old January 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Best Insurance

I am glad to hear they took good care of you as well as your grandson. I have now been told that due to the fact I am flying in USAir that the only company that will insure in case they do not get me there in time is Specialty Risk International. I had been told Travelex until I heard about this. Travelex will not do anything for me if the problem is not reaching the port in time but would in the case of cancelling due to illness, etc.