Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Caribbean princess-Past ship cuisers

I am planning on traveling on caribbean princess beginning of june. Just returned from star princess which I found as a quality cruise. Can anyone provide detailed objective critique of carib princess, based on your exp on ship compared to other princess ships. I ave some concerns of carib as I was told by a number of past cruisrs on that ship, that they encountered poor service , quality, overcrowding due to too many passengers, compared to size , which is similar to other grand class ships. TY
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2005, 08:41 PM
R. Chapman

Default Re: Caribbean princess-Past ship cuisers

I have sailed on the Grand which is comparable to the Star and just came back from the Carib Princess. I did not experience any of the mentioned problems. I am a firm believer that a vacation/cruise is what you make it. As for Princess they work very hard to please and I have nothing bad to say.
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:30 PM
LuvCrusin

My family did a Christmas cruise on the Carribean Princess and we had a wonderful time. It was a sold out cruise, but did we did not really encounter, or maybe notice, any of the overcrowding issues that some people have mentioned. We were always easily able to find seating at the Horizon Food Court, get deck chairs around the pool for sunbathing and by showing up at the Princess Theater approximately 20 minutes before showtime were able to get seats in one of the first five rows. If you have a "favorite" area that you want to be at around the pool, you will have to show up early to get your deck chairs. But this is really no different than if you go to a high school basketball game or concert with open seating, you have to show up early to get the "good" seats. You should always be able to find deck chairs no matter when you want one, they just might not be in your "favorite" place. Also, same thing with the lounge shows, you may have to sit or stand in the back if you are not there at least 10-15 minutes before show time. Overall, it will be very difficult for you not to have a great time unless you are a person who thinks that you should be able to get a front row seat right when the show is starting. Also, all of the service people (waiters, room attendant, pursers, bartenders) that we encountered, were very friendly, polite and service oriented. Your should have a wonderful cruise!!
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:48 AM
First Mate

I agree with the posts above. We sailed on the CP for Thanksgiving with a sold out ship and had a fantastic time. After 22 Princess cruises, this was on my top 5. Their were over 600 kids on board and we were shocked to hear that number. I guessed it was around 200. Book it and have a great time.
Happy sailing,
sea angel
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:01 PM
CPC

Let me put your mind at ease, we did a cruise on the CP in January and I can assure you that you will have a great time on the Caribbean Princess!!
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Our assessment of our cruise on the Caribbean Princess was that it was fine and we enjoyed ourselves, but it just didn't quite feel like a real Princess cruise.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Just got off the Carribbean Princess over Easter break, although it was my first cruise and I have nothing to compare it to, I have to say if you can't have fun on this ship then its your problem,lol The service was great, never encountered a rude person, food was fantastic where ever you ate. The shows were all good, just try and get there at least 20 min early, its a beautiful ship! Enjoy!
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Familiar Face

You will have a great time on her. I sailed on her third cruise. She was still really in her shake down mode and we had a wonderful time. There was only the new ship issues which one would expect as the crew becomes familiar with their new home. Crew worked really hard at trying to please. Food and shows were excellent.