Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Default snorkeling equip/buy/rent/carry/dont carry.

THis is a stupid dilma. My friends all think it will be a hassel to buy then carry snorkeling equipment. Anyone agree?
It looks like u can buy some good used masks fins and snorkels for the same price one can rent them.
Shawn
45 days and 15 lbs to go.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Shan

Default Re: snorkeling equip/buy/rent/carry/dont carry.

My husband and I bought our own snorkel gear....I "Don't" have fins and don't feel like I needed hem.....just buy the mask and snorkel and bring it with you....It's worth having your own then putting your mouth on those others where hundreds have used them!
Old March 29th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: snorkeling equip/buy/rent/carry/dont carry.

We bought our own and were happy we did. This allowed us to snorkel any time we wanted. Also, I wouldn't trust the cleansing process of rented equipment. Our sets came in a small backpack which made it easy to carry. We loved snorkeling and will definitely get our money's worth. Have fun!

Old March 30th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Admiral

we always bring our own. Just the mask & snorkel, fins are a pain to bring, we rent them. Mask & snorkel fits nicely in a backpack(which everyone should have for daily beach stuff, and souveniours)
I didn't rent fins on our last trip and do i regret it. Everyone else did, and i was working twice as hard as them.
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM
olechka

I think it really depends on whether you plan to book excursions through the cruiseline or venture out on your own. If you book excursions, they'll be provided anyway. If you do your own beach getaways, then may make sense to buy them and bring with you.
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:44 AM
Yeoman

We bought our own and brought them. It was only 25 bucks at walmart for the mask and snorkle and I got some flippers at a second hand store for 5 bucks. They all worked great! And I personally agree with posters who noted that the rental stuff may not be truly sterile, and with all that Norwalk virus going around do you really want to take a chance?
It was not so hard to pack, the flippers were the biggest concern size wise and I just put them in the suitcase flat on bottom. It was worth bringing.
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:09 AM
Liz B

Default Re: Re: snorkeling equip/buy/rent/carry/dont carry.

With the precautions the ships go to to try and prevent the norwalk virus, it is surprising that they don't insist on the proper cleaning of snorkel equipment on ship's exursions.
Old March 31st, 2005, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I bring my own mask and snorkel and just rent the fins. The mask and snorkel don't take up much room in your luggage.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:01 PM
AD

We always take our own equip-mask,snorkel,fins. We have a small bag that they fit into and take on all cruises. Saves alot of money if you go out on your own and you don't have to rent everytime you take a trip.