Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Sea Sea

Default dISEMBARKING ONE PORT EARLY

Hello:
My family will be cruising on the Golden July 21 to the Northern British Isles. We will disembark in Le Havre instead of waiting for the return to Southampton. Has anyone done this and what was your experience? Will we be able to get transport to Paris without signing on for a shore tour?
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: dISEMBARKING ONE PORT EARLY

I have seen this on European cruises before and those whom I have seen have arranged their own transportation from the ship. If Princess doesn't offer this option, then start searching for some kind of shuttle/limo service that will come and get you. LaHavre and Paris aren't exactly 5 minutes apart, it is a couple/three hour drive.
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:23 AM
First Mate

I think Princess will tell you that you are on your own if you disembark early. Be sure to look into immigration issues - you will have to clear French customs somewhere. I doubt that you can just step off the ship and head to Paris. A lot of research and planning will be needed.

Old April 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM
R. Chapman

A good place to start might be with the US State Dept. if you are an american citizen. They can tell you of any issues or problems you may encounter