Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Default Balcony size

Can anyone tell me the size of the balconys in Cat.BC on Aloha deck on the Caribbean Princess, and are they covered.
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
sunluva7

Default Re: Balcony size

Not sure of the exact dimensions of these balconies, but they are totally covered. The balconies on Caribe deck, however, are half covered and are larger. Those on the Dolphin deck are mini-suites, and are totally open.

Hope this helps.
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Passenger

We were on Aloha deck on the Diamond... the balcony measured aprox. 6 x 10 feet... it had a table and 2 chairs... it was our first cruise and I will only sail with a balcony from now on. You'll enjoy it a lot....
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Kathy & Dave

I think the regular size balconies are about 4' x 10'.

Old April 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM
karenbfl

We were on the Aloha Deck on the Star which is almost identical to the Caribbean. The balcony was big enough for a small round table and two chairs. We ate out there every possible time we could. It was partially covered from what I remember. You will LOVE it! Any balcony is a good balcony.

Karen
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM
First Mate

I just received my cruise travel magazine and the Caribbean Princess is the featured ship. They say the square footage of the balcony rooms is 233-285 and that measurement includes the balcony. So they seem like a good size. We had a balcony of the Golden and it was a nice size. On the Sun ( which we just came off) their balcony was smaller. You will enjoy a balcony, especially when you pull into port. Is it worth the extra money it all depends on what you like. We had a balcony 3 out of 7 cruises. We opted for ocean views the other times. I don't think I could do an inside but the people who had them always say "how long do you spend in a room?" but its your choice. By looking at the picture of the ship it seems that the balconies are covered. Hope I helped. Its a beautiful ship:-)

Old April 27th, 2005, 07:07 PM
san

That is good to know. We are on the caribe deck on the carib princess. I am so glad I was able to get a balcony at such a good price. next cruise we might get a suite if THE PRICE IS RIGHT. Anyhoo, I cant waiit til Sept. Hope and pray for beautiful weather. If you are going, let me know
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Balcony size

Thank you all for your replies. I am booked on the new Crown Princess for next year and it has the same cabin layout as the CP. We had a mini suite on the Golden, the balcony was a nice size, but was open to the sun and I have a problem with that.
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:07 AM
lisee

Does anyone know if Baja deck balconies are covered?
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Ernie

Usually, Aloha and Baja balconies are covered. Caribe is a larger balcony and is usually only half covered. On the Coral Princess, the Caribe balcony is 9' X 9'. Dolphin balconies are often completely uncovered. I find that Caribe is the best of both worlds.
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:55 AM
lisee

Great! So it sounds like we'll have some privacy then on Baja. Although I'd never step out without being fully clothed it'll be nice to hang out there without having everyone lookign down on us or up at us! I was worried and have thought of switching rooms! But I think i'll stick with Baja and try it out! Our friends have the room beside ours so we might try to have the door opened between the two balconies.

I'm so excited to try out my first cruise!
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Jan P.

Hi Lisee: my husband and I had a balcony cabin on the Diamond (B404) and our friends booked the cabin next to ours (B408). We were able to have the privacy door separating our balconies open during the week so we could sit out on the balcony as a foursome and enjoy lunch, snacks, and just kick back if we wanted to. Baja balconies are covered, which were nice on days we had too much sun, but wanted to sit out and enjoy the weather and scenery. The balcony was large enough for a small table and two chairs - probably 6 x 10 ft. Enjoy your first cruise!
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:20 AM
lisee

thanks so much! Well coming from new york city we are used to cramped spaces
and i'm so fair skinned i'll enjoy the covered balcony, so i think we'll really enjoy it!