Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Mike Sams

Default Packing Diet Mt Dew

My family and I are cruising to the Western Caribbean in July through Princess and was wondering about taking some Diet Mt Dew with us since they only have Coke products aboard but wasnt sure if we could or not. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I dont think I could go a week again drinking nothing but DIet Coke

MIke Sams
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2005, 03:40 PM
texas cruiser

Default Re: Packing Diet Mt Dew

You can certainly bring your Mtn. Dews or any other non-alcoholic beverage of the sort. When you get your documents, it will include luggage tags. Take one of the tags and tape it to the outside of the 12 or 24 pack boxed drinks and it will come to your room with the rest of your luggage. You could also just pack them in a suitcase if you don't like the above suggestion, but that's what worked for us.
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:15 AM
shawnjessie

Default Re: Re: Packing Diet Mt Dew

Do they (airlines) count that as an extra piece of luggage? I want to bring a case of water and am trying to figure out the best way to do that. When you get to the airport in Ft Laurdale do you retreive your luggage at that time an take it to the cruise ship port? Or how does ones luggage get to the ship. I could go to the store in Ft Laurdale but do not want to drag my luggage with me.
5 more days
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Admiral

shawnjessie - you really don't need to bring bottled water aboard Princess. The tap water is purified/filtered water, just as good as the stuff you buy. Just bring along a couple of bottles and fill them from the tap and put them in the fridge in your stateroom.
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:23 PM
JIMMIE

There will also be bottled water on board and in your room. A little expensive, but when you're thirsty............. We have drank the tap water (with scotch) for ninteen cruises.
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Just off the Golden (San Juan to New York) roller coaster ride
Had a great time
As for diet MT DEW I brought 2-6 packs of 24 oz bottles on board with no problem but to be sure I put each in a 2-gallon Zip Loc bag and packed in the center of a small roller bag with our swim suits and beachwear around it. We had no problems and changed planes twice. Diet Dew is the only soda I drink so I know how you feel, I need the extra caffeine in the am.
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:56 AM
shawnjessie

Thanks. Great idea and it wasnt even mine! Who'd thunk.
Ill do that.
3 more days
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM
mike sams

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP. couldnt go another 7 days with diet coke!!!!!!!

Mike Sams
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM
AR

If you check a box of soda or case of water with an airline, it's a checked bag (and they might not take it because the packaging is too flimsy). If you carry it on, it counts as your carryon item.

I'm always fascinated with what people try to carry on. I saw a list one time compiled by the flight attendant's union. My three favorites were a full double bass fiddle, a small refrigerator and a car door. A case of water would probably make the list too.

Why not just buy the stuff when you get to the embarkation city? I know. You're taking the transfer right to the ship and won't have a chance. Anyway, like somebody said, the water aboard ship is just fine.

Also, many Western Carib runs use Key West as the first stop. If that's your case you can spend your time in Key West buying soda. There's a grocery store very near the piers. Just ask the locals.